Zucchini Parmesan Crisps are crunchy and so addicting!
Whats the best way to eat vegetables? Well fried of course. These zucchini crisps are tender on the inside with a crispy crunchy outside. One of my favorite ways to use up the abundance of zucchini I have in my garden.
Panko and parmesan are the perfect coating for zucchini. Super light and airy texture, provides the perfect crunch.
Whip up a batch for a simple appetizer or snack. I guarantee they are highly addicting and kid approved!
I do recommend getting all the zucchini slices breaded and ready to go and put them on a baking sheet or platter.
I like to cut my zucchini into 1/4″ slices, so that the frying process goes really fast. Plus its a texture thing for me, I like equal amounts of breading to zucchini.
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
We like to dip them in ranch, but they would also be delicious in a marinara sauce.
Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 small/medium zucchinis thinly sliced to 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine Panko, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan; set aside.
- In a second bowl add the flour.
- In a third bowl add the eggs
- Working in batches, dredge zucchini rounds in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat. Set aside on baking sheet or platter. repeat until all zucchini slices are done.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini rounds to the skillet, but don't overcrowd the pan and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 1-2 minute then flip and cook another minute.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with ranch or your favorite marinara sauce