Air fryer lemon butter salmon is easy to prepare. Flavorful, flaky, buttery, and just melts in your mouth.
Air fryer salmon turns out perfect every time. A quick and easy weeknight meal. Rich and buttery lemon sauce to pour over the salmon is absolutely delicious!
What's the difference between wild-caught and farm-raised salmon?
Wild salmon has a darker red color and more intense flavor than farm-raised salmon.
Tips for perfectly tender salmon
- If your salmon is frozen defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel, then add the salt and pepper on both sides.
- Try and choose filets that are the same thickness, so they cook evenly.
- Don't forget to preheat the air fryer, as it speeds up the cooking time and allows the edges to get a bit crispy.
- You don't want to overcook the salmon, Check it early for a flaky appearance. Or use a meat thermometer and remove it when it's 145 degrees in the thickest part of the filet.
- Once the salmon is done remove the filets from the basket and let them rest on a plate or platter. If left in the basket the salmon will continue to cook.
- Filet comes in different thicknesses. Thicker fillets will need more time as the thinner filets will need less time.
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a convection oven. The air gets very hot and it circulates around the food and cooks it quickly. It creates a crispy outside without drying out the inside.
Which air fryer is best?
There are so many great air fryers out there. I currently use the Cosori 5.8 quart and I absolutely love it!
What to serve with air fryer lemon butter salmon
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Honey Garlic Roasted potatoes
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo
- 3- (6 ounce) salmon filets, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- Non stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon slices for garnish
- More dill for garnish
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet or plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl add the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, dill, and Worcestershire sauce and mix until combined. Place 3 tablespoons in a separate bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes. Spray inside the basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush 1 tablespoon on top of each salmon filet. Place salmon filets inside the basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes
- Remove from air fryer and serve with extra lemon butter sauce over the top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 577Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 174mgSodium 338mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 51g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.