Air fryer Lemon Butter Salmon is easy to prepare. Flavorful, flaky, buttery, and just melts in your mouth.
What's the difference between wild-caught and farm-raised salmon?
Wild salmon has a darker red color and a more intense flavor than farm-raised salmon.
Tips for perfectly tender salmon
- If your salmon is frozen defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pat the salmon filets dry with a paper towel, then add the salt and pepper on both sides.
- Try and choose filets that are the same thickness, so they cook evenly.
- Don't forget to preheat the air fryer, as it speeds up the cooking time and allows the edges to get a bit crispy.
- You don't want to overcook the salmon, Check it early for a flaky appearance. Or use a meat thermometer and remove it when it's 145 degrees in the thickest part of the filet.
- Once the salmon is done remove the filets from the basket and let them rest on a plate or platter. If left in the basket the salmon will continue to cook.
- Filet comes in different thicknesses. Thicker fillets will need more time than thinner filets will need less time.
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer is basically a convection oven. The air gets very hot and it circulates around the food and cooks it quickly. It creates a crispy outside without drying out the inside.
Which air fryer is best?
There are so many great air fryers out there. I currently use the Cosori 5.8 quart and I absolutely love it!
What to serve with air fryer lemon butter salmon
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Honey Garlic Roasted potatoes
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Orzo
Air Fryer Lemon Butter Salmon
- 3- 6 ounce salmon filets, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- Non stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Lemon slices for garnish
- More dill for garnish
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet or plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl add the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, dill, and Worcestershire sauce and mix until combined. Place 3 tablespoons in a separate bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes. Spray inside the basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush 1 tablespoon on top of each salmon filet. Place salmon filets inside the basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 10-13 minutes
- Remove from air fryer and serve with extra lemon butter sauce over the top.