This Tilapia with lemon butter sauce is elegant enough for entertaining. Or makes a quick and easy weeknight meal!
We are big time tilapia lovers in our house, it’s always my go to fish. Not only is it budget friendly, but it’s easy to cook and doesn’t have a strong fishy flavor. This recipe is pan seared so it comes together super fast and perfect for those busy weeknights.
If you have never tried tilapia before you really should. I usually buy the frozen bags where they are individually wrapped, but they do have it fresh in the meat dept if you like. Sometimes those are just to big and thick I prefer the thinner smaller fillets. This is definitely a healthy recipe that is so super flavorful and really takes no time at all to make.
Looking for more seafood recipes?
Ohh and the lemon butter sauce is to die for! Like for real! I could simply eat that over rice and veggies and be good to go….Yummy!
- 4 skinless tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Lemon Butter Sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper set aside
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add tilapia filets sprinkle with thyme cook for about 4-5 minutes, carefully turn and cook another 4-5 minutes. Or until opaque through and flaky with a fork.
- For the lemon butter sauce-In a small saucepan add 1 tablespoon butter and the garlic. Cook on low for 1-2 minutes. Add the white wine increase the heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes or until reduced by ⅓.
- Remove pan from heat add in the remaining butter, stir, then add the cream. Return the pan to the heat on low add the lemon juice, simmer on low until it begins to bubble. Add salt and pepper to taste.