These air fryer old bay chicken wings are so addicting. Seasoned to perfection, an easy quick lunch or dinner, and a huge hit for a game day appetizer.
Don't you love air fryer recipes? Chicken wings come out so crispy and flavorful without any oil or marinating time, and in half the amount of time it would take in the oven.
What is an air fryer?
It cooks food by circulating the hot air all around. The air fryer means less fat and a lot more crunch! And it cooks up in a fraction of the time!
What is Old Bay seasoning?
It’s a blend of delicious spices like paprika, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, and a handful of other spices. It's fantastic on chicken, seafood, or even French fries. It's in the spice section of your local grocery store or you can get it here on Amazon.
Tips for making air fryer old bay chicken wings
- Place chicken wings in a single layer in the basket or use a double layer rack to pile more in.
- Shake the basket or flip the wings after 15 minutes to allow them to brown evenly.
- If you're making a double batch Preheat your oven to 250 degrees to keep the cooked wings warm while making the other half.
Can I make these wings in the oven?
Yes of course, but it will take a lot longer. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 45-55 minutes flipping halfway through. My Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings, Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings are made in the oven.
What to serve with these chicken wings?
- Southern Potato Salad
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Sweet n Spicy Baked Beans
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Ranch for serving
- Fresh lime slices
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the granulated garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, old bay, onion powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, and mix until combined.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with the seasoning until well coated.
- Once the air fryer is preheated adjust it to 380 degrees. And spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the wings ½ of the wings to the basket and cook for 30 minutes. Shake the basket after 15 minutes.
- Place on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm or place in an oven heated to warm. And cook the second batch.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the wings and serve with a side of ranch dressing.
I buy the bag of frozen chicken wings from Costco and they are pretty fat. If your wings are on the thinner side check them after 20-25 minutes for doneness.
Serving Size4 wings
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 85mgSodium 440mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 33g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.