These air fryer old bay chicken wings are so addicting. Seasoned to perfection, an easy quick lunch or dinner, and a huge hit for a game day appetizer.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Don't you love air fryer recipes? This chicken wings recipe comes out so crispy and flavorful without any oil or marinating time, and in half the amount of time it would take in the oven like with my Garlic Knots. Don't have an air fryer try my Garlic parmesan baked chicken wings, Ranch Chicken Wings, and Spicy teriyaki baked chicken wings.
Why this recipe works
An air fryer is the best and quickest way to make crispy wings or try to fry fish in the air fryer. Just like my air fryer donuts, they turn out so perfect every single time without being deep-fried. Air frying will become your new favorite way to make chicken wings.
Ingredients for this recipe
- Chicken wings- You can either use the whole wing, or just the drummettes, or wingettes.
- Paprika- Both smoked paprika and regular paprika will work in this recipe.
- Old Bay Seasoning- A delicious blend of spices that goes perfectly on seafood, poultry, and veggies.
- Red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper- Just to kick it up a notch.
How to make this recipe
Step 1- Place thawed dry wings in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2- Add all the spices together in a small bowl.
Step 3- Sprinkle wings and old bay mixture together.
Step 4- Place wings in preheated air fryer basket and fry.
Tips for making Old Bay Wings In The Air Fryer
- Always preheat the air fryer.
- The size of your air fryer will make a difference in how many wings you can fry at one time. You don't want to overcrowd the basket.
- Place chicken wings in a single layer in the basket or use a double-layer wire rack to pile more in.
- Shake the basket or flip the wings after 15 minutes to allow them to brown evenly.
- If you're making a double batch Preheat your oven to 250 degrees and place the cooked wings on a baking sheet to keep warm.
There are two different types of air fryers. One is just like a toaster oven with a door that pulls out like this Crownful Air Fryer the second is a slide drawer basket like the Corosi Air Fryer.
It cooks food by circulating the hot air all around. The air fryer means less fat and a lot more crunch! And these crispy air fryer chicken wings cook up in a fraction of the time!
It’s a blend of delicious spices like paprika, black pepper, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, and a handful of other spices. It's fantastic on chicken, seafood, or even French fries. It's in the spice section of your local grocery store or you can get it here on Amazon.
You can but you will have to increase the cooking time by about 8-10 minutes.
Yes of course, but it will take a lot longer. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 45-55 minutes flipping halfway through. My Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings, and Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings are made in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Ranch for serving
- Fresh lime slices
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the granulated garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, old bay, onion powder, oregano, cayenne pepper, and mix until combined.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with the seasoning until well coated.
- Once the air fryer is preheated adjust it to 380 degrees. And spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the wings ½ of the wings to the basket and cook for 30 minutes. Shake the basket after 15 minutes.
- Place on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm or place in an oven heated to warm. And cook the second batch.
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the wings and serve with a side of ranch dressing.
I buy the bag of frozen chicken wings from Costco and they are pretty fat. If your wings are on the thinner side check them after 20-25 minutes for doneness.
Serving Size4 wings
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 85mgSodium 440mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 33g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.