These baked donuts are old-fashioned cake-like donuts with a sweet glaze on top!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Start your day off right with these moist and fluffy donuts that are baked to perfection, then dunked in a sweet vanilla glaze. This simple recipe will give you delicious donuts without all the hassle of rolling, cutting, and frying.
How to store these baked glazed donuts
Store your donuts in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can these be frozen?
Yes, without the icing. Let them cool completely and place them in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips for making baked glazed donuts
- You can put the batter in a pastry bag, cut the tip off and squeeze the batter into the donut tins
- Don't overfill your pans 3/4 of the way is perfect.
- Let the donuts cool completely before you dunk them in the glaze.
- The donut batter can be made one day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Tools you will need to make baked donuts
Donut pan-There isn't really any type of hack to get by without using a donut pan. I get 14 donuts using these donuts molds.
Piping bag- This is the easiest way to put the batter into the donut pan. You can just use a spoon but it is a lot messier.
Cooling rack-Place the freshly dipped donuts on the cooling rack and let the frosting set up.
More sweet breakfast recipes
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- French Toast Muffins
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Starbucks Banana Bread
- Strawberry Turnovers
Baked Glazed Donuts
- 4 tablespoons butter melted/softened
- ¼ Vegetable oil
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ¼ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1-2 tablespoons milk or water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium/large mixing bowl add the softened butter, oil, and sugars, and mix using a hand mixer or whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add the flour as well as the milk mixing as you go. Combine until fully mixed. The batter will be quite thick which is normal, but you can add a tablespoon of milk at a time if it is too thick to work with.
- Lightly spray donut tins with nonstick cooking spray and place the batter in using a spoon, or piping bag. Filling the donut wells about ¾ full works well.
- While the donuts are baking prepare the frosting/glaze.
- In a small/medium mixing bowl and the melted butter, milk, vanilla, and confectioner sugar. Stir into a paste consistency.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes and let cool in the pan for another 5 minutes before removing it to a cooling rack.
- While the donuts are still warm dip each one face down into the bowl of glaze and tip back over and place on the cooling rack.