Peanut butter balls have a creamy filling with a little bit of crunch dipped in delicious chocolate. A no-bake treat that’s hard to resist!
Peanut butter balls only use a few ingredients and make a delicious sweet treat for any occasion.
How to store peanut butter balls
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Tips on how to make peanut butter balls
- Chilling the balls helps them to be less sticky when rolling, and the chocolate will set up faster once dipped.
- Melting chocolate is always the best Wiltons chocolate of Ghiradelli wafers. But you can use chocolate chips I just recommend using Ghiradelli.
- Do not get water in your chocolate or it will seize up.
- You can also use a toothpick to dip the balls in chocolate, can be a little messier but still works.
- Once the balls are dipped into the chocolate make sure you tap the excess off on the side of the bowl.
- Use dark chocolate or milk chocolate whichever you prefer.
Can you freeze peanut butter balls?
Yes, you can, I recommend adding a layer of wax paper or parchment paper in between the layers. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
More no-bake sweet treats
- Avalanche Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Cake Truffles
- Homemade Magic Shell
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Polar Bear Cookies
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups melting chocolate *see notes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Finely chopped peanuts optional
- In a large bowl add the butter and peanut butter and heat in the microwave for 30-second intervals until melted, stirring well between intervals.
- Mix in powdered sugar, rice Krispies, and mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon scoop the mixture into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove balls from the freezer and roll each ball between palms until completely smooth and place back on the baking sheet.
- Heat melting chocolate and oil in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 seconds increments until completely melted.
- Drop the balls into the melted chocolate and using a fork scoop up the ball and tap the excess chocolate off on the side of the bowl. Place back on the baking sheet, and add chopped peanuts on top
- Continue until all bowls are coated. Let set until hardened.
If using chocolate chips I recommend Ghiradelli, they melt the best. But they will have to be chilled in the refrigerator after covered in chocolate.
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 7mgSodium 87mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.