Peanut butter balls have a creamy filling with a little bit of crunch dipped in delicious chocolate. A no-bake treat that’s hard to resist!
Peanut butter balls only use a few ingredients and make a delicious sweet treat for any occasion.
How to store peanut butter balls
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Tips on how to make peanut butter balls
- Chilling the balls helps them to be less sticky when rolling, and the chocolate will set up faster once dipped.
- Melting chocolate is always the best Wiltons chocolate of Ghiradelli wafers. But you can use chocolate chips I just recommend using Ghiradelli.
- Do not get water in your chocolate or it will seize up.
- You can also use a toothpick to dip the balls in chocolate, can be a little messier but still works.
- Once the balls are dipped into the chocolate make sure you tap the excess off on the side of the bowl.
- Use dark chocolate or milk chocolate whichever you prefer.
Can you freeze peanut butter balls?
Yes, you can, I recommend adding a layer of wax paper or parchment paper in between the layers. Thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
More no-bake sweet treats
- Avalanche Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Cake Truffles
- Homemade Magic Shell
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Polar Bear Cookies
Peanut Butter Balls
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups rice Krispies cereal
- 1 1/2 cups melting chocolate *see notes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Finely chopped peanuts optional
- In a large bowl add the butter and peanut butter and heat in the microwave for 30-second intervals until melted, stirring well between intervals.
- Mix in powdered sugar, rice Krispies, and mix until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon scoop the mixture into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove balls from the freezer and roll each ball between palms until completely smooth and place back on the baking sheet.
- Heat melting chocolate and oil in a small bowl in the microwave in 30 seconds increments until completely melted.
- Drop the balls into the melted chocolate and using a fork scoop up the ball and tap the excess chocolate off on the side of the bowl. Place back on the baking sheet, and add chopped peanuts on top
- Continue until all bowls are coated. Let set until hardened.