Beef Stroganoff is rich, creamy and loaded with tender beef, mushrooms and egg noodles.
This classic beef stroganoff is always a huge hit in our house. Hard to resist the creamy rich gravy soaked into those buttery noodles.
How to make Beef Stroganoff
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat (I use cast iron)
- Add oil to skillet and add in beef strips and cook the beef. Remove to a platter
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt add in the onions, mushrooms and garlic and saute
- Then add in stock and simmer until thickened.
- Add in sour cream and spices and mix
- Stir is pasta and steak and serve!
You won’t believe just how crazy easy this recipe is. Deeply satisfying comfort food for a chilly day!
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes?
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Classic Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
- Bacon Jalapeno Mac N Cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds steak, rib eye, tenderloin, or sirloin steak
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups Crimini mushrooms sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, and set aside.
- Slice the beef against grain into thin strips. Place in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add vegetable oil. Sear the beef strips quickly about 1-2 minutes (its ok if they have a little pink they will cook more in the sauce.) and remove to a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add in the onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cornstarch over the vegetables and stir.
- Add in beef stock and whisk. Allow the broth to come to a low boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the worcestershire sauce, paprika, Dijon mustard and sour cream.
- sAdd in pasta and beef, garnich with fresh parsley and serve.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 718 Total Fat 48g Saturated Fat 21g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 23g Cholesterol 174mg Sodium 1135mg Carbohydrates 29g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 42g