Beef Stroganoff is rich, creamy and loaded with tender beef, mushrooms and egg noodles.
This classic beef stroganoff is always a huge hit in our house. Hard to resist the creamy rich gravy soaked into those buttery noodles.
How to make Beef Stroganoff
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat (I use cast iron)
- Add oil to skillet and add in beef strips and cook the beef. Remove to a platter
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt add in the onions, mushrooms and garlic and saute
- Then add in stock and simmer until thickened.
- Add in sour cream and spices and mix
- Stir is pasta and steak and serve!
You won’t believe just how crazy easy this recipe is. Deeply satisfying comfort food for a chilly day!
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes?
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Classic Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
- Bacon Jalapeno Mac N Cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds steak rib eye, tenderloin, or sirloin steak
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups Crimini mushrooms sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
Cook pasta al dente according to package directions, and set aside.
- Slice the beef against grain into thin strips. Place in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons cornstarch.
Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add vegetable oil. Sear the beef strips quickly about 1-2 minutes (its ok if they have a little pink they will cook more in the sauce.) and remove to a plate.
Add the butter to the skillet and melt. Add in the onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cornstarch over the vegetables and stir.
- Add in beef stock and whisk. Allow the broth to come to a low boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the worcestershire sauce, paprika, Dijon mustard and sour cream.
sAdd in pasta and beef, garnich with fresh parsley and serve.