Spaghetti Bolognese is rich and delicious, and a dinner time favorite in our house!
It doesn’t get more satisfying and comforting than spaghetti bolognese. This classic meal is sure to impress and satisfy your hungry family.
What is bolognese sauce?
Bolognese sauce is a slow cooked rich meat sauce. With some vegetables, tomatoes and wine simmered on low for at least two hours so all the flavors can blend. There is usually milk or beef broth in it to cut back on the tomato flavor.
How do I make Spaghetti Bolognese?
- Begin by heating a pot on medium high heat and add bacon and cook just until crispy and remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon grease and add onions, carrots and celery , cook just until tender.
- Add in ground beef and garlic and cook until browned. Drain any extra fat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and simmer covered on low for 2 hours.
Simmering this bolognese sauce on low for two hours gives it a rich deep flavor. This classic meat sauce is even better the next day if thats even possible. Plus it freezes well for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Looking for more pasta recipes? Check these out!
- Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta
- Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Bacon Jalapeno Mac N Cheese
- Classic Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
- Spicy Italian Sausage Baked Ziti
- Classic Alfredo Cheese Tortellini
- Baked Ravioli with Vodka Cream sauce
Some tomato sauce has more tang, the brown sugar cuts that down a bit. You can adjust the amount according to taste. You can substitute the Italian sausage for ground beef if desired
Serving Size 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 530 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 17g Cholesterol 101mg Sodium 2335mg Carbohydrates 33g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 8g Sugar 21g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 37g
Some tomato sauce has more tang, the brown sugar cuts that down a bit. You can adjust the amount according to taste.
You can substitute the Italian sausage for ground beef if desired