Garlic fettuccine alfredo is made with a creamy sauce, and the only alfredo sauce you’ll ever need!
Garlic and parmesan the perfect pair! This garlic fettuccine alfredo is a super creamy pasta, that will knock your socks off! Comfort food at its finest!
Everybody needs a good Alfredo sauce in their life that is not only easy to prepare, but delicious, creamy, and cheesy too. It doesn’t require any fancy ingredients, and after making it you will never buy jarred again. I promise!
How to make garlic fettuccine alfredo
- In a large pot add water and boil pasta according to the package directions.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, add butter and shallots and cook just until softened, Add the garlic and cook until fragrant about another 30 seconds.
- Add in the half and half and softened cream cheese and bring to a low simmer until thickened. But don’t let it boil.
- Remove from heat and add in the parmesan cheese, whisk until cheese is melted.
- Add in cooked pasta and toss until covered.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
This garlic fettuccine alfredo makes a great weeknight dinner, only taking about 30 minutes to prepare. Serve with a crisp green salad and some crusty bread to sop up the extra sauce and viola dinner is served. You really can’t go wrong with this served plain. You could add some grilled chicken which is my kids favorite, or shrimp or even just some veggies to the dish….yummy!
Looking for more comfort food recipes?
- Roasted Poblano Pepper Beef Chili
- Bacon Jalapeno Mac N Cheese
- Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup
- Ribeye Steak Chili
- Beef Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine
- Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- Spicy Italian Sausage Baked Ziti
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Mini Freezer Chicken Pot Pies
Serving Size 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 451Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 80mgSodium 510mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 14g