These grilled steak tacos are always a huge hit in our house. Perfect anytime of the year!
Juicy grilled steak, loaded with all your favorite toppings and a creamy nacho cheese sauce that is absolutely delicious!
I love love Mexican food and I would eat it daily if I could. This marinade is loaded with tons of flavor that soaks into the tender steak. Ultimate summertime tacos that everyone will love!
How to make grilled steak tacos
- Make up the marinade and pour over the steak. Let marinade for 1-2 hours
- Add heavy cream to a skillet or pot. Once it begins to bubble add in spices, whisk and remove from heat and whisk in cheese.
- Heat up the grill. Cook your steak 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Remove steak and let rest before slicing into thin slices.
- Heat your tortillas up on the warm grill.
- Pile on your steak, favorite topping and a delicious drizzle of that nacho cheese.
Ways to keep the nacho cheese sauce warm/reheat
More Mexican recipes:
- Restaurant Style Mexican Rice
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- Mexican Pizza
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Tacos
- Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Tacos
Grilled Steak Tacos with Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 3- 8 oz boneless New York Steaks about 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
For the Nacho Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl add sugar, chili powder, chipotle, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, olive oil and lime juice. Mix until combined.
- Place steaks in a ziplock freezer bag or dish. Pour marinade over steaks steaks, cover and let marinade 1 hour.
Heat grill on medium high heat. Place steaks on grill over direct heat and cook 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. Let rest 10 minutes
- While the steaks are resting, warm the corn tortillas on the grill or use a gas flame to char them slightly.
- Slice steaks in thin strips, place into warm tortillas and top with your favorite toppings and nacho cheese.
- For the nacho cheese sauce
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add heavy cream. Once it begins to bubble on the edges whisk in paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne and cornstarch. Turn off heat and add cheese whisk until melted.
You can substitute flank or skirt steak, but it should marinate overnight. And the cooking time with be much faster on the grill. Slice against the grain to ensure that it will be tender.