Lemon Zucchini Bread is super moist and so good! My favorite way to use up my summer zucchini!
Lemon Zucchini Bread what a glorious combination, super moist, lemony, and delicious! Then topped with a sweet lemon drizzle, a perfect Summer recipe.
So if you have an abundance of zucchini as I did from your garden. Or you just find a great deal from the grocery store or farmers' market. Make this bread.
Can I freeze zucchini bread?
Yes, it freezes beautifully! Once cooled just wrap the bread in plastic wrap, then a layer of aluminum foil and pop it into the freezer.
When you crave it, through it in the refrigerator to thaw, just whip up the lemon icing before ready to serve.
I have more zucchini than I know what to do with, my garden just boomed this year. What better way to use up all my zucchini than with this delicious lemon zucchini bread.
Can I just say this glaze is so fantastic, like "lick the bowl" fantastic!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 3.5 ounce instant lemon pudding box
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- zest of one lemon
For the lemon icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 1 9x5 metal loaf pan with nonstick spray. Or add a piece of parchment paper in the pan for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Stir into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in the zucchini, lemon zest
- Pour batter into 9x5 metal loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice until well blended. Drizzle icing over cooled loaf. If you have icing leftover just store in a container in the refrigerator.