This Microwave Peanut Brittle is crunchy, buttery and comes together in 10 minutes, and will surely become a yearly holiday favorite!
Peanut Brittle is a classic and one of the best holiday treats. Nothing like a buttery, crunchy piece of peanut brittle. Such a classic treat that my family enjoys!
Although peanuts are the classic nut used, you may substitute other nuts if you prefer.
How to make Microwave Peanut Brittle
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large microwaveable safe bowl add sugar and light corn syrup. Stir until the combined mixture will be difficult to stir.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. then stir. return to microwave and cook another 3-4 minutes or until mixture turns a light golden brown.
- Remove bowl from microwave and quickly add peanuts, vanilla, butter, and baking soda. Quickly stir until combined.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet, using a spatula to smooth peanut brittle out into a layer.
- Let peanut brittle set for 30 minutes. Once firm use your hands to break into bite-sized pieces.
This is the perfect quick and easy recipe. You get all the crunch without the stress! Plus it packages up nicely for gift giving to family and friends.
Looking for more goodies to make this Holiday season?
- Oreo Dipped Christmas Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Easy Rocky Road Fudge
- Caramel Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large microwavable safe bowl add the sugar and corn syrup. Stir until combined, mixture will be sticky and hard to stir.
- Microwave for 4 minutes on high. Then stir. Microwave for another 3-4 minutes or until mixture starts to turn a light golden color.
- Remove bowl from microwave and quickly add peanuts, butter, vanilla and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Working quickly spread out on prepared baking sheet.
- Let the peanut brittle harden for 30 minutes. Once cooled and hard use your hands to break the brittle into chunks.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 371Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 5mgSodium 343mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 2gSugar 56gProtein 6g