Rich and buttery Sour Cream Crumb Cake, loaded with irresistible crumbs! Each bite is simply to die for!
Who doesn't love an excuse to have dessert for breakfast? I mean you'll wish you could start every day out with a piece of this Sour Cream Crumb Cake. Rich and buttery cake, loaded with delicious crumbs. Perfect with a cup of coffee or a big glass of milk.
Once you experience the joy this cake brings you, you won't want to stop eating it. Whether it be for breakfast, snack time, or dessert you will find a way to sneak one more bite. The sour cream makes it super moist, and the brown sugar cinnamon crumb topping is to die for! And oh so addictive, It's hard to stop at just one piece.
More breakfast ideas!
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Breakfast Quesadilla
- Blueberry Waffles
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Crescent Roll Up
- Strawberry Turnovers
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat over 325 degrees spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Using a food processor combine the topping ingredients just until slightly clumpy set-aside
- Using a mixer cream butter and sugars together, add eggs one at a time than milk, sour cream, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix the flour. baking powder and salt then add it to the wet ingredients. mix until just combined.
- Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Gently spread half the crumb mixture over the cake layer pressing gently. Carefully spread the remaining cake batter over the crumb mixture followed by the rest of the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Sprinkle powdered sugar (confectioners sugar) on top if desired
Serving Size1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 779Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 147mgSodium 439mgCarbohydrates 101gFiber 2gSugar 41gProtein 8g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.