Avalanche Cookies require just four ingredients crispy, crunchy, and loaded with white chocolate, Krispie cereal, peanut butter, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
I love easy no-bake desserts this Avalanche cookie recipe is so so good! Perfect for those summer months like my No-Bake Butterfinger Pie or a delicious Holiday treat! If you want a quick and easy cookie recipe that is baked check out my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies they only take 24 minutes to whip up!
Why this recipe works
This avalanche cookie recipe is a delicious no-bake treat that comes together in about 15 minutes like these No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies or my 5 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake. Seriously the ultimate easy cookie recipe to make ahead and serve for family gatherings or holiday parties like my Thanksgiving Treats.
Ingredients for No-Bake Avalanche Cookies
- Rice Krispie cereal: You can use a name brand or store brand.
- White chocolate: White chocolate chips work or even white chocolate wafers.
- Peanut butter: I use creamy, but chunky is also delicious, Do not use natural peanut butter.
- Chocolate chips: Mini chips work best here.
How to make avalanche cookies
- Step 1: Add rice crispies and marshmallows into a bowl.
- Step 2: Add the white chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl.
- Step 3: Melt the chocolate.
- Step 4: Add in the peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Step 5: Pour the melted white chocolate and peanut butter mixture into the rice crispies.
- Step 6: Mix until completely combined.
- Step 7: Place cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, using a spoon or cookie scoop.
- Step 8: Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top.
- You can easily make more of these cookies by making them smaller.
- Do NOT use natural peanut butter it's too thin and runny for these cookies.
- The cookies will start to set up so make sure to scoop the cookies quickly and place them on the baking sheet.
Once cookies are set. Store in an airtight container or freeze for up to 3 months.
Yes, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave in 1-minute increments, stir and repeat until completely melted.
These cookies will last in an airtight container for about 2 weeks. Store in the refrigerator during the warmer months.
Nut butter like almond, cashew, or hazelnut work as a great substitute.
No-Bake Avalanche Cookies
- 2 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 16 ounces of white chocolate melting wafers or 2 -3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add rice Krispie cereal and marshmallows and mix.
- In a medium bowl add the white chocolate and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix and heat in 15-30 second increments until completely melted.
- Add peanut butter to the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the cereal and marshmallows. Mix until well coated.
- Using a spoon. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cereal mixture and place it on the baking sheet. Sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on each cookie.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator.