Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies are soft with a chewy texture loaded with peanut butter candies, 15-minute prep time, and no chilling required!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Reese's Pieces cookies are definitely the next level up and a favorite with peanut butter lovers from my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. Enjoy them warm from the oven for a delicious treat!
Why this recipe works
These cookies are easy to make loaded with peanut butter flavor and no chill time is required, just mix, roll balls, and bake like my Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Butter: Room temperature butter.
- Sugar: Uses both white sugar and brown sugar
- Peanut Butter: Use a creamy peanut butter like Skippy or JIF!
- Flour: All-purpose flour
- Reese's Pieces: I used mini Reeses Pieces but sometimes they are hard to find the regular size will work just fine.
How to make these chewy peanut butter cookies
- Step 1: In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients and whisk together.
Step 2: In a large bowl add the softened butter, and sugars and mix together with an electric mixer.
- Step 3: Add in the peanut butter until mixed.
- Step 4: Add in the eggs and vanilla until mixed.
- Step 5: Scoop up the cookie dough balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place some extra Reese's pieces on top of the cookies and gently press them down a bit.
- Step 6: Bake the cookies in a preheated oven until golden brown.
- Spoon and level the flour into the measuring cup. Scooping it directly compresses the flour into the cups and the dough will be dry.
- Don't overbake! They will continue to bake on the baking sheet as they cool.
- Make sure you use creamy peanut butter, not natural peanut butter.
- Add in some peanut butter chips for an extra yummy treat!
Nope, no need to chill the dough, just roll into balls and bake!
Yes, you can. place the cookie dough in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Bring the cookie dough to room temperature for 15-20 minutes then bake.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days place a slice of bread in the container to improve the freshness of the cookies.
Place your dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer to flash freeze for 1-2 hours. Then place the balls of dough in a large ziplock freezer bag or freezer-safe container. To bake place the cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let them set while the oven is preheating then bake.
Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour Spooned and levelled see notes
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups Reese's pieces divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl add the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar, and using a hand mixer beat them together until combined.
- Add in the peanut butter and mix.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup of the Reese's pieces candies until conbimed.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of cookie dough up and roll them into balls and place them on the baking sheet. Add a few extra candies on top and gently press down on the cookie.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes. They will continue to bake while they cool.