These triple chocolate M&M cookies are rich, fudgy, chewy, and loaded with three kinds of chocolate, a chocolate lover's dream, and no chilling time is required!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
These cookies are flat chewy cookies with crisp edges and stuffed with M&M's and perfect for holiday baking, cookie exchanges, and gift-giving. This is a chocolate version of my original chewier cookie my M&M cookies with a chewy center and crispy edges.
Why this recipe works
Cookies are a favorite dessert in our house, especially during the holiday season! These cookies require ten minutes of prep time and have lots of chocolatey flavor like my Chocolate Bundt Cake. They don't require refrigeration, so you can whip up a batch of these cookies in no time like my Peanut Butter Cookies or my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies!
- Butter: Use real unsalted butter, if your using salted butter just omit the salt.
- Sugar: granulated white sugar
- Brown sugar: Either dark or light works fine.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great!
- Cocoa powder: Unsweetened
- M&M's: I use Classic but you can switch it up and use a different kind
- Chocolate chips: Semisweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even chocolate chunks.
how to make this recipe
- Step 1: In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugars and mix using a spoon or hand mixer on medium-high speed.
- Step 2: Mix in the eggs and pure vanilla extract.
- Step 3: Add in the dry ingredients the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Step 4: Mix in the cocoa powder.
- Step 5: Fold in the m&m's and chocolate chips.
- Step 6: Using a cookie scoop up about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball, place them on the prepared baking sheet, and bake.
- Use the scoop method when measuring the flour. Too much flour can make your cookies dry.
- Once you add in the flour mixture, mix until just combined, and don't overmix.
- Make the dough balls about 2 tablespoons and press a few M&M's on top of the dough ball before baking. It really makes beautiful cookies.
- Do NOT overbake the cookies will continue to bake on the baking sheet once they are out of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Of course, place 2 tablespoons of balls of dough on a cookie sheet and place it into the freezer. Then once they are frozen place the balls into a ziplock freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 months.
Yes, just place them on a baking sheet and let them sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
I recommend for best results to use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on my baking sheets for my cookies. And always place the tray in the middle of your oven.
es, just place them on a baking sheet and let them sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
Triple Chocolate M&M Cookies
Triple chocolate M&M cookies are rich, fudgy, chewy, and loaded with three kinds of chocolate, a chocolate lover's dream, and no chilling time required!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) – melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups classic M&Ms (10.70 oz bag) (divided)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus extra for garnishing)
1. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or silicone mat and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar (you can use a fork, hand mixer, or stand mixer).
3. Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract and mix well.
4. Next, stir in the flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, and salt until combined.
5. Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
6. Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to create small balls and place them about 2” apart on the prepared pan, and place a few m&m’s on top of the cookie balls.
7. Bake for 9 minutes - do not over bake, cookies will finish baking on the pan.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Make the dough balls about 2 tablespoons and press a few M&M's on top of the dough ball before baking. It really makes beautiful cookies.
Do NOT overbake the cookies will continue to bake on the baking sheet once they are out of the oven.
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 158mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 24gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Yay Michelle so happy everybody loves them 🙂
Oh my goodness, these are incredible!! Don’t know if they will last to bring to school because my family keeps eating them! Thank you for sharing the recipe.