Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken Wings are super easy to make and always a huge crowd pleaser!
Just throw everything into the slow cooker and your set for delicious chicken wings that everyone will LOVE!
Perfect for your Super Bowl party, or any occasion really. We crave wings often in our house and in a wide variety of flavors.
How to make slow cooker root beer chicken wings.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place chicken wings in the slow cooker. Pour all but 1/2 cup of the sauce over wings.
- Pour the root beer over wings.
- Cook on high 2 hours
- Remove wings and place on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush the extra sauce over top and sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar over each wing.
- Broil or grill for 3-5 minutes until caramelized.
These chicken wings are so good and so easy any body can make them. Making them in the slow cooker is a great time saver, but I recommend throwing them under the broiler or even on the grill, to get some char on them.
Love chicken wings? Here are some recipes you might like.
- Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 can root beer
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- Place chicken wings in slow cooker, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together BBQ sauce, paprika, garlic and cayenne pepper. Mix and reserve 1/2 cup for later.
- Pour all but 1/2 cup of sauce over wings, add in root beer.
- Cook on high 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set oven to broil.
- Place chicken wings on the baking sheet, brush with extra sauce and sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar over each wing.
- Broil 5-8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 877Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 186mgSodium 1973mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 2gSugar 28gProtein 39g