Chipotle lime coleslaw is creamy and refreshing and the perfect side to all your favorite summer dishes.
When the weather begins to warm up, I crave summer salads, this chipotle coleslaw is one of my favorites. Crisp veggies, creamy dressing with a slight hint of heat and smokiness from the chipotle.
Coleslaw is the perfect Summer side dish that goes perfect with grilled meats, burgers or piled on your favorite tacos.
Tips for making Chipotle Lime Coleslaw:
- You can make the dressing 2-3 days ahead of time and then just toss with the shredded slaw a couple hours before serving.
- Store leftover coleslaw in a airtight container for 2-3 days.
- If your coleslaw becomes watery…add 1 tablespoon at a time of the mayo until desired consistency.
- Substitute cilantro for parsley, or leave out all together.
- I use the pre shredded coleslaw with red cabbage and carrots. But you could shred your own cabbage with the help of a food processor or chef knife you’ll need about 6 cups.
Chipotle coleslaw makes a fabulous summer side dish to some of my most popular recipes!
- Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Spicy Teriyaki Steak Kebabs
- Tequilla Lime Grilled Chicken Club
- Grilled Tri Tip with Onions and Peppers
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
No summer gathering is complete without a big bowl of coleslaw. Give this recipe a try this summer at your next BBQ or potluck. Guaranteed to be a huge hit!
- 1 14 oz bag coleslaw
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely diced, See notes
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- In a small bowl add the mayo, lime juice, vinegar, chipotle, sugar, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl add the coleslaw, cilantro and green onions and sauce mixture and mix until combined.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with extra cilantro or green onions.
You can substitute 1 teaspoon chipotle powder for the chipotle pepper in adobo
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 176 Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 495mg Carbohydrates 3g Sugar 2g Protein 1g