Parmesan Onion Rings use simple ingredients, are super crispy, and make a tasty snack or appetizer. We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Onion rings are one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures. I would take them over fries any day. These parmesan onion rings are deliciously crunchy, and always a huge hit. They are fantastic on a burger or just as a side dish.
I make them every time with my Jalapeno Pepper Jack Chicken Burger or my Skillet Burger. Or just munching a big ole plate while watching the game. This recipe gives you the perfect onion ring, crispy on the outside with a sweet onion on the inside...So good!
Items used to make this recipe:
How to make parmesan onion rings
Step 1 Onions, peel and slice the onions into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Step 2 Mix the flour, In a bowl mix together the flour and spices and toss some onion rings.
Step 3 Egg wash, whisk together the egg wash, and add some dipped onion rings
Step 4 Panko bread crumbs add the seasoned bread crumbs to the bowl and then toss the egg-dipped onion rings into it.
Step 5 Back into the wash
Step 6 Then back in the panko crumbs
Step 7 Baking sheet, place the onion rings on the baking sheet.
Step 8 Heat the oil, and add the onion rings into the hot oil to fry.
- Cut the onions about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bread all your onion rings and place them on a baking sheet. Once the oil is ready the frying process is quick.
Now let's talk about this sauce...it is amazing! Just a touch of heat from the sriracha takes each crispy bite to the next level. Also perfect for dunking some fries, it is so good!
prefer yellow or sweet Vidalia onions. White can also be used but it is a more pungent flavor.
Yes, Preheat the fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Spray the fryer with cooking spray and add a single layer of breaded onion rings to the air fryer and spray. Fry for 4 minutes then flip and fry for 3 minutes. Remove to a baking sheet and repeat.
Yes, place a single layer of breaded onion rings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until frozen. Place the onion rings in a large ziplock freezer bag and freeze them for up to 6 months.
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Crispy Parmesan Onion Rings
This recipe gives you the perfect onion ring, crispy on the outside with a sweet onion on the inside…So good!
- 2 large onions
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Cut onion into 1/4 inch rings. Carefully separate the rings.
- In a medium bowl add flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, and baking powder and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and milk and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add Panko bread crumbs, bread crumbs, Parmesan, and mix.
- Dip the onion slices into the flour mixture until they are all coated. Then dip it into the egg mixture. Then into the breadcrumb mixture, back into the egg mixture, and again into the breadcrumb mixture. Then lay it on a baking sheet. Repeat until done.
- Add about 2 inches of oil to a pot and heat the oil to 325 degrees in a large heavy pot or deep fryer. It should be at least 2-3 inches deep.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden, turning about halfway through.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet. Place the fried onion rings on the cooling rack to drain.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- In a small bowl mix mayo, sugar, and sriracha.
White, yellow, or even sweet onions work well for these.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 856Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 74mgSodium 1474mgCarbohydrates 106gFiber 8gSugar 15gProtein 25g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Panko bread crumbs are larger than the regular and both of them together give the onion rings a nice crispy coating.
Why panko bread crumbs and bread crumbs sorry don't understand...
Can you air fry these?