This Apple Walnut Fritter Bread is insanely delicious loaded with apples and swirls of cinnamon.
This Apple Walnut Fritter Bread recipe is fantastic. It is packed with lots of swirls of cinnamon and slightly tart apples, topped with crunchy walnuts, and a sweet glaze drizzled over the top. And the aroma that fills your house with the cinnamon and apples baking. I think you need to find a good excuse to make this soon!
Last year I was fortunate enough to be able to write this recipe as a guest post for Mama Loves Food and now I want to share it with you guys.
I can’t believe that Fall is here already, summer just flew by. But I do love having the cooler temps and open windows and the smell of apples and pumpkin baking in the house.
Every year we make a trip up to Apple Hill. It is the full representation of Fall around here. people travel a long way to visit there. Not only can you get boxes of apples but they have every apple baked goodie that you can think of. Apple jelly, apple donuts, pies, breads, fritters, caramel apples, fresh cider, just to name a few
This Apple walnut fritter bread is a perfect breakfast or dessert, for the cool Autumn months that are fast approaching. For another delicious apple recipe, check out my Apple Pie Turnovers, one of my families favorites.
- Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Mixture
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apple mixture
- 2 Granny Smith Apples diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cup flour
- 1¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl mix diced apples with sugar and set aside
- In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time just until blended, add vanilla.
- In another bowl whisk flour, salt and baking powder together, then add to wet mixture and whisk just until blended. Whisk in milk just until smooth.
- Pour half the mixture into the loaf pan. Add half of the brown sugar mixture then half of the apples, gently pat into batter.
- Add the rest of the batter into the loaf pan spreading gently with a spatula, followed by the remaining apples, walnuts and remaining brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the glaze- Whisk powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl until combined.
- Let cool 15 minutes on baking rack, drizzle with glaze.