These Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Sliders with guacamole are one of my favorite game day recipes. They're always a huge crowd pleaser!
These Chicken Sliders are not only adorable but delicious! Great for feeding a bunch of hungry guests at your Super Bowl party, just like my Potato Skins. I guarantee they will be gobbled up fast!
Honestly though, these are easy enough for even a weeknight dinner, paired with a salad or even better with my favorite side of Crispy Parmesan Onion Rings.
Tips for making chicken sliders!
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure the perfect size patty. Chicken doesn't shrink like ground beef does, so whatever size you form, is pretty much what they'll be.
- Top the sliders with whatever cheese you like really.
- Smoked paprika is what I always use. I like that smokey flavor it adds. But you can use regular paprika.
- I always grill these sliders, but You could fry them up in a skillet also.
Looking for more party appetizers?
The jalapeno adds the perfect amount of heat, then the cheesy goodness of the jack cheese. Ohh and let's not forget the creamy guacamole to top things off.
Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Sliders with Guacamole
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika regular paprika can also be used
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese plus slices for topping
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 slider buns
For the Guacamole
- 3 large avocados
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a mixing bowl add ground chicken and the next 8 ingredients and mix until combined. It will be on the wetter side.
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium high heat
- Form mixture into 8-10 patties depending on how big your slider buns are.
- Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and place the patties in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes. Add cheese slices cover and let sit about 1 minute for the cheese to melt.
- In a medium bowl add the avocado and mash with a fork. Add tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and garlic powder. Mix until combined
- Place chicken burgers on slider buns and add 1 tablespoon guacamole.