These Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect as the star of the meal or served as an appetizer. Either way, they're always a crowd-pleaser!
I'm so excited to be sharing these super yummy Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings with you today. These wings are baked not fried, but you can't even tell the difference. They turn out super crispy without frying them. Great as an appetizer on game day or entertaining, or serve as a main dish with a big salad.
Wing night is a fun and easy dinner that the whole family will love. I guarantee these are finger-licking good! Your family will go crazy for these gems.
Why steam the chicken wings first?
I follow Alton Browns method of steaming the wings first assures that they stay moist. Crispy skin requires high heat. Steaming the wings first renders the fat out of the skin, which ensures that they get crispy when baked. I recommend you double the batch because these will go super fast.
Looking for more chicken wing recipes?
- Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken Wings
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
These Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect as the star of the meal, or served as an appetizer. Either way they’re always a crowd pleaser!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2-3 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Place an 8-quart saucepan with a steamer basket with 2 inches of water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add wings and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove wings and place them on a cooling rack placed on a baking sheet. Put them in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes then flip and bake for another 20 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- In a small saucepan add olive oil, butter, and salt, let it melt then add garlic and cook on low for 3 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and place in a bowl.
- Pour melted garlic butter, parmesan cheese and parsley over wings. Toss until coated, place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 573Total Fat 56gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 151mgSodium 538mgCarbohydrates 2.7gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 28g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Can I use the water from steaming the wings as a base for chicken broth\stock?
I used fresh/thawed wings from the supermarket. I used thawed wings in the instant pot
Did you thaw the wings first or use frozen in the instapot?
Toni M Roberts
I did manual setting on high pressure and one cup of water.
What setting on instant pot and how much water.
Yay Toni, so glad you loved them 🙂
These were perfect! I steamed them in my Instant Pot on high pressure for 3 minutes with full natural release and followed everything else as written. They came out perfectly crispy and flavorful.
Yay Sheryl! I'm so glad you loved them. They're my favorite wings!
These are fantastic! Just started Keto and they fill my crispy wing cravings. Thanks so much!
I've never tried it before. But I would think it would be fine. Hope this helps Daniel 🙂