Shredded brussels sprouts with bacon are a quick and easy side dish. Comes together in 20 minutes and always a huge hit!
Shredded brussels sprouts are my favorite new dish, seriously just give me a fork. It’s a side dish that comes together super fast. Every bite is loaded with flavor, tossed with garlic and topped with crispy, smoky bacon.
How to shred brussels sprouts
Cut the end of the sprouts off. Then cut each sprout in half. Laying the sprouts cut size down, carefully slice the sprouts into thin slices. You can also use a mandoline, or the food processor with the slicer attachment.
Check out this beautiful cutting board that I used to shred my brussels sprouts. This is a 18″x12″ Walnut cutting board that was gifted to me from Mevell. It looks absolutely gorgeous on my kitchen counter.
Can I shred Brussels sprouts in advance?
Brussel sprouts stay freshest longest when they are whole. But yes you can shred them and keep some in the fridge ready to go. I just recommend you use the shredded brussels sprouts within 3 days for ideal freshness. If you want to skip the hassle of shredding you can check out my Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 6 slices bacon (I used applewood)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a sharp knife cut the stem off the end of the brussels spouts. And carefully shred them as thin as possible.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Dice the bacon into pieces and cook just until crispy. Using tongs or a spider spoon remove to a paper towel leaving the reserved bacon grease.
- Add the brussels sprouts and garlic to the bacon grease, toss and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm!
Amount Per Serving Calories 97 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 11mg Sodium 267mg Carbohydrates 9g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g