Birthday cake batter ice cream is creamy and delicious; no ice cream machine is needed! This homemade ice cream is a simple recipe that tastes just like cake batter.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Homemade ice cream recipes are the best! This no-churn recipe uses simple ingredients and does not disappoint. Everything you love about birthday cake flavor and creamy ice cream in one delicious bite with lots of rainbow sprinkles. If you love chocolate you will love my No-Churn Cookies and Cream or my Caramel Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream.
Why this recipe works
Making ice cream without an ice cream maker is not as tough as you may think just requires an electric mixer and a loaf pan to make your favorite ice cream. An easy recipe that's perfect for summertime or when you're craving something sweet like this Kool Aid Ice Cream! The dry yellow cake mix gives the ice cream its signature “birthday cake” flavor, and you can experiment with other cake flavors you have on hand.
How to make this recipe
- Step 1: Spread the cake mix on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. n a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer beat the chilled heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form whipped cream.
- Step 2: Add in the condensed milk, cake mix, and half f the sprinkles and stir just until combined.
- It can be unsafe to consume raw flour so make sure to bake your cake mix to remove any Bacteria before adding it to your ice cream mixture.
- Don't over-mix the heavy cream, you only want to mix until soft peaks form.
Sure, try the funfetti cake mix or a white cake mix.
It can be unsafe to consume raw flour so make sure to bake your cake mix to remove any Bacteria before adding it to your ice cream mixture.
Try adding in chopped vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies or some white chocolate chips or mini marshmallows. Or pour some of my Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping on top!
Store in an airtight container or this homemade ice cream container for up to 1 month.
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dry yellow cake mix unprepared
- ⅓ cup sprinkles divided ( I use jimmies)
- Ice cream cones and extra sprinkles for serving
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spread your cake mix onto a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the chilled heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- 3. Add in the condensed milk, dry yellow cake mix, and all but ½ teaspoon of the sprinkles and stir until just combined.
- 4. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or ice cream container and place in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- 5. Scoop into ice cream cones or bowls.