Birthday cake batter ice cream is creamy and delicious; no ice cream machine is needed! This homemade ice cream is a simple recipe that tastes just like cake batter.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Homemade ice cream recipes are the best! This no-churn recipe uses simple ingredients and does not disappoint. Everything you love about birthday cake flavor and creamy ice cream in one delicious bite with lots of rainbow sprinkles. If you love chocolate you will love my No-Churn Cookies and Cream or my Caramel Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream.
Why this recipe works
Making ice cream without an ice cream maker is not as tough as you may think just requires an electric mixer and a loaf pan to make your favorite ice cream. An easy recipe that's perfect for summertime or when you're craving something sweet! The dry yellow cake mix gives the ice cream its signature “birthday cake” flavor, and you can experiment with other cake flavors you have on hand.
- Heavy whipping cream- Milk won't work as well
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Dry yellow cake mix (no baking needed!)
- Sprinkles-Rainbow jimmies are the best
How to make this recipe
- Step 1-Spread the cake mix on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. n a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer beat the chilled heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form whipped cream.
- Step 2-Add in the condensed milk, cake mix, and half f the sprinkles and stir just until combined.
- Step 3-Stir just until combined.
- Step 4-Pour the mix into a loaf pan or ice cream container I love this one from Amazon.
- It can be unsafe to consume raw flour so make sure to bake your cake mix to remove any Bacteria before adding it to your ice cream mixture.
- Don't over-mix the heavy cream, you only want to mix until soft peaks form.
Sure, try the funfetti cake mix or a white cake mix.
It can be unsafe to consume raw flour so make sure to bake your cake mix to remove any Bacteria before adding it to your ice cream mixture.
Try adding in chopped vanilla wafers or shortbread cookies or some white chocolate chips or mini marshmallows. Or pour some of my Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping on top!
Store in an airtight container or this homemade ice cream container for up to 1 month.
More no-bake dessert recipes
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Birthday Cake Ice Cream
Birthday cake batter ice cream is creamy and delicious and no ice cream machine is needed! This homemade ice cream is a simple recipe that tastes just like cake batter.
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- 1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dry yellow cake mix, unprepared
- ⅓ cup sprinkles, divided ( I use jimmies)
- Ice cream cones and extra sprinkles for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spread your cake mix onto a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the chilled heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
3. Add in the condensed milk, dry yellow cake mix, and all but ½ teaspoon of the sprinkles and stir until just combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or ice cream container and place in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
5. Scoop into ice cream cones or bowls.
Store any leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for 3-4 weeks or store in the loaf pan with plastic wrap for up to 1 week.
I recommend prebaking your cake mix- It can be unsafe to consume raw flour so make sure to bake your cake mix to remove any Bacteria before adding it to your ice cream mixture.
I like to use Jimmies sprinkles they won't bleed into your ice cream.
Amount Per Serving Calories 731Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 128mgSodium 301mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 0gSugar 69gProtein 11g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply