Skirt steak makes a quick and easy weeknight meal! Super easy, yet impressive summer meal!
Skirt steak is one of my favorite cuts to grill. The marinade gives it so much flavor, a great way to feed a crowd! Topped off with this amazing chimichurri, that has herbs, and garlic and will make everyone crave seconds.
This steak is best grilled to medium, it comes out perfectly juicy every time, and is hands down one of the best summer meals!
The skirt steak is rarely thicker than 3/4 of an inch, and is a steak that loves marinades and high heat cooking. Which makes for a super fast cook.
Always cut against the grain, it makes the meat the most tender. This recipe will easily feed four people, but more if you use it for tacos, or fajitas or even on salads.
This chimichurri sauce adds amazing flavor to this grilled steak. Or put some on top of fresh sliced tomatoes …YUM!!
Looking for more delicious grilling and summer sides recipes?
- Grilled Tri Tip with Onions and Peppers
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Hot Dogs
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Beans
- Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a air tight container or large freezer ziplock bag add all the marinated ingredients and mix, then add the steak. Marinate over night for best flavor.
- In a food processor add all the ingredients for the chimichurri sauce. Pulse until blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill or cast iron pan on high heat. When its ready, add steak and cook over direct heat approx 3-4 minutes then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove steak and let rest 6-8 minutes, then slice against the grain for tender meat.
Amount Per Serving Calories 845Total Fat 66gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 47gCholesterol 101mgSodium 1633mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 45g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.