Chopped Cheeseburger Sliders have a flavorful loose meat mixture, with chopped dill pickles, cheese, and creamy sriracha mayonnaise.
The ground beef gets cooked in a seasoned liquid that is loaded with flavor. An easy recipe that starts in a skillet and finished in the oven. A delicious dish for game day, potlucks, or family dinners.
What are chopped cheeseburgers?
If you are unfamiliar, chopped cheeseburgers are also known as maid rites or loose meat sandwiches. It's an unformed burger cooked in a seasoned liquid, Served on a buttery slider roll with cheese and a layer of creamy sriracha mayonnaise. But if you prefer a full size burger check out my Skillet Burger it's always a huge hit!
How to store these sliders
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30-second intervals until warm.
Can I freeze chopped cheeseburger sliders?
Yes, but you will have to assemble it before baking. Cook ground beef according to the directions. Place in a freezable container or bag and freeze. When ready to cook thaw overnight and continue with the recipe directions.
Tips for making chopped cheeseburger sliders
- I use American cheese, but any type of cheese will work for these sliders
- Use lean ground beef, so there is less fat to drain and make the sliders soggy
- You can add a little mustard or ketchup instead of the sriracha mayo if you prefer
- Chopped dill pickles are delicious on these, but certainly, if you aren’t a fan you can leave them off.
- I love using Everything Bagel Seasoning on these sliders, but sesame seeds work fine also or you can just leave it off altogether.
What to serve with chopped cheeseburger sliders?
Or simply just a side of potato chips!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 12 pack of slider rolls
- ½ cup chopped dill pickles
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter, melted
- Everything bagel seasoning or sesame seeds optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the ground beef and onions and season with salt and pepper, add in the garlic cook until the beef is browned. Drain any extra fat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the water, brown sugar, beef bouillon, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, until combined.
- Add sauce mixture into the beef and cook on medium-high until the liquid is evaporated and remove from heat.
- Slice the slider buns in half and place the bottoms on a baking sheet. Add the ground beef mixture to the sliders.
- Then sprinkle on the chopped dill pickles. Followed by the cheese slices.
- Spread the mayo mixture on the other half of the slider buns and place them on top of the cheese.
- Brush the melted butter on top of the buns and sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning on top is desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can reheat the slider in the microwave for 30-second increments until warm.
Amount Per Serving Calories 496Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 98mgSodium 1242mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.