Broccoli Salad is a simple classic recipe that serves as a great fast side dish for any party or potluck.
Every bite is full of great flavors and textures! Made with bacon, cranberries, sunflower seeds, cheddar cheese, and a homemade dressing, this is one of my favorite side dishes and it can be prepped in under fifteen minutes! Another quick and easy salad is my Thai Cucumber Salad.
Should I blanch the broccoli first?
Some people don't like the "raw" broccoli in the salad. If you don't care for raw broccoli you just need to blanch them first. The broccoli will still be firm enough for a crunch but will taste less raw.
How do I store Broccoli salad?
You can store the Broccoli Salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Can I make Broccoli Salad ahead of time?
Yes! If making ahead of time, store the broccoli salad and dressing separately. Toss everything together about an hour before serving.
Tips for making broccoli salad
- Make sure your broccoli is cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Shred your own cheese, the pre-shredded packaged cheese has a coating on it to prevent sticking.
- You can cut small cubes of cheese instead of shredded.
- If you're watching your carbs leave out the dried cranberries.
- Swap out the sunflower seeds for chopped pecans, cashews, or even slivered almonds.
- If you like your broccoli salad with more sauce, just double the dressing recipe.
What pairs well with broccoli salad?
- Filet Mignon
- Sweet N Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Crispy Skillet Chicken Thighs
- Pan-Seared Garlic Rib Eye Steak
- Grilled Skirt Steak
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Broccoli Salad with Bacon
A simple, classic Broccoli Salad recipe that serves as a great fast side dish for any party or potluck.
- 7-8 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ¼ cup roasted and salted sunflower kernels
- ½ a red onion, diced
For The Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the broccoli florets, cheese, cranberries, bacon, sunflower kernels, and onion in a large bowl, tossing to combine
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mix, tossing to combine
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and toss again before serving.
Make sure your broccoli is cut into bite-sized pieces.
Shred your own cheese, the pre-shredded packaged cheese has a coating on it to prevent sticking.
Swap out the sunflower seeds for chopped pecans, cashews, or even slivered almonds.
If you like your broccoli salad with more sauce, just double the dressing recipe.
Amount Per Serving Calories 518Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 41mgSodium 998mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 6gSugar 10gProtein 24g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Ooops sorry about that 1/4 cup sugar 🙂
How much sugar?