M&M Christmas cookie bars are soft and chewy loaded with red and green M&Ms, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. These M&M Christmas Bars are sure to get the whole family in festive spirits. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Growing up, Christmas was always the time of year where mom baked delicious treats for friends, family, and family get-togethers. We loved baking Christmas cookies, cakes, and little truffles. These M&M Christmas bars were a sweet treat we could get after school as Christmas got closer. If you love these easy Christmas bars, you’ll love my Chocolate Peppermint dipped Oreos, too!
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
• Brown sugar
• All-Purpose Flour
• Baking soda
• Mini chocolate chips
• Holiday M&Ms
• Holiday sprinkles
Scroll down to the bottom for the printable recipe card!
Supplies You Need for These Christmas Bars
How to Make M&M Christmas Bars
Step 1: Mix Sugars and Butter Then, combine your melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix it well.
Step 2: Add Egg and Vanilla Add egg and vanilla into your butter and sugar mixture. Mix until well combined.
Step 3: Add Dry Ingredients Next, add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the mixture.
Step 4: Stir until a soft dough forms.
Step 5: Fold in M&Ms and Chocolate chips Finally, fold in the mini chocolate chips, ¼ of the holiday M&Ms, and a tablespoon of the holiday sprinkles.
Step 6: Add to Baking Dish Pour your dough into your prepared glass baking dish. Top the dough with most of the leftover sprinkles and M&Ms, but save a few for after baking.
Step 7: Bake the Bars Bake your bars for 22-23 minutes.
Step 8: Let Them Cool Allow your Christmas cookies to cool completely in the dish. It will take at least 20 minutes. Then, remove the parchment paper from the dish, and cut your bars into squares using a knife or pizza cutter.
Serve and Enjoy!
Tips to Make the Best Christmas Bars
If you liked this recipe, here are a few tips to keep in mind along the way.
1. Do not overbake. You don’t want to overbake your bars. Make sure the edges are starting to brown and the center looks set.
2. You can add different types of nuts or even peanut butter chips for a variation.
Are These Cookies Crunchy or Chewy?
These homemade M&M Christmas bars are sweet and chewy.
How to Store Leftovers
Since these cookie bars don’t contain anything that needs to be refrigerated, you can easily store them on the counter. The best way to maintain their freshness is to keep them in an airtight container. Or, you can place them in a ziplock bag.
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes, you can! In fact, this is a great way to store big batches that you plan to give to friends and family. Allow your bars to cool completely. Wrap the bars tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil, freezer wrap, or put them in ziplock freezer bags. Be sure to separate your bars with waxed paper in between the layers.
Other Christmas Recipes to Try
Looking for more Christmas recipes? Here are some of my favorites to make, and the kids even like to help, too!
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Holiday M&Ms (divided)
- 1/4 cup holiday sprinkles (divided)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a fork, combine melted butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips, 1/4 cup of the holiday M&Ms, and about 1 tablespoon of the holiday sprinkles.
- Line a 9 x 13” glass baking dish with parchment paper and pour the dough into the prepared dish.
- Before baking, top the cookie with the rest of the leftover sprinkles and M&Ms
- Bake for 22-23 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the center looks set (do not overbake).
- Let the cookie cool completely in the baking dish or for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper from the baking dish and cut it into squares using a knife or a pizza cutter. (Option to cut the edges off or leave them).
Amount Per Serving Calories 357Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 38mgSodium 222mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 37gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.