Smash burgers are quick and easy and a great way to feed a crowd. Buttery buns with a juicy patty that has a delicious crust. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
There is nothing better than a juicy burger that you can make from home. This smash burger recipe is super easy, we just like pickles ketchup, and mustard on them, and of course on a brioche bun. But you could surely add lettuce, tomato, and onion if you like.
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
- Ground beef 80/20
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Brioche buns/or buns of choice
- American cheese
- Dill pickle slices
What is a smash burger?
It’s a thin burger cooked on a griddle or hot skillet. Which entails beef onto a really hot grill or pan and then smashing it down with a spatula or burger press, causing a nice crust to form on each side. It's one of the easiest burger recipes you'll ever make.
- Place your ground beef balls in a hot skillet, (Like a cast iron) Cast iron griddle, Outdoor flattop.
- Smash them down using a metal spatula or meat press.
- Flip and finish cooking on the other side.
- Add cheese cover with a lid or melting dome and let melt.
- Brioche buns are my favorite, but you can use any type of bun I just recommend toasting it first.
- You'll want to use 80/20 ground beef for these burgers.
- Gently roll out the meat into balls using your hands but you don't want the ball to be too tight.
- I use American cheese because I think it tastes best on burgers but if you prefer a different cheese then use that.
- Make sure everything is prepped and ready because these burgers cook fast.
More burger/sandwich recipes
- Skillet Burger
- Jalapeno Pepperjack Chicken Burger
- Copycat In N Out Burger
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- Tequila Lime Chicken Club
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- 1 1/2 lbs 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 Slices American cheese
- Dill pickle chips
- 1. Roll 8 equal sized balls (about 3 oz each) from the ground beef
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the balls of beef on a HOT cast iron pan or flattop griddle and using a spatula smash them flat
- Grill until the bottom has a nice crust about 2 minutes and then flip it over, cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add a slice of cheese on top of each patty, cover with a lid or melting dome to melt the cheese faster. Remove patties and place on a platter to let rest for 5 minutes.
- Butter up the brioche buns and place on the hot skillet to get toasty, about 2-3 minutes.
I recommend having everything prepped and ready these burgers cook fast!
You can turn these smash burgers into doubles to serve 4.
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 121mgSodium 973mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 12g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.