Smash burgers are quick and easy and a great way to feed a crowd. Buttery buns with a juicy patty that has a delicious crust. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
There is nothing better than a juicy burger that you can make from home. This smash burger recipe is super easy, we just like pickles ketchup, and mustard on them, and of course on a brioche bun. But you could add lettuce, tomato, and onion if you like like this Skillet Burger.
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
- Ground beef 80/20
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Brioche buns/or buns of choice
- American cheese
- Dill pickle slices
What is a smash burger?
It’s a thin burger cooked on a griddle or hot skillet. Which entails beef onto a really hot grill or pan and then smashing it down with a spatula or burger press, causing a nice crust to form on each side. It's one of the easiest burger recipes you'll ever make like my Western Bacon Cheeseburger.
- Brioche buns are my favorite, but you can use any type of bun I just recommend toasting it first.
- You'll want to use 80/20 ground beef for these burgers.
- Gently roll out the meat into balls using your hands but you don't want the ball to be too tight.
- I use American cheese because I think it tastes best on burgers but if you prefer a different cheese then use that.
- Make sure everything is prepped and ready because these burgers cook fast.
- 1 1/2 lbs 80/20 Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 Brioche buns
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 8 Slices American cheese
- Dill pickle chips
- 1. Roll 8 equal sized balls (about 3 oz each) from the ground beef
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until the bottom has a nice crust about 2 minutes and then flip it over, cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add a slice of cheese on top of each patty, cover with a lid or melting dome to melt the cheese faster. Remove patties and place on a platter to let rest for 5 minutes.
- Butter up the brioche buns and place on the hot skillet to get toasty, about 2-3 minutes.