These Easy Oven Baked Ribs are one of the easiest recipes ever. Cooked low and slow, which makes them so flavorful and fall off the bone tender.
Spring is fast approaching, and I can smell the barbecues already. But being that it is currently wet and cold out, making these Easy Oven Baked Ribs from my warm and cozy kitchen will have to do for now.These pork ribs cook low and slow. They turn out so juicy, and are just fall off the bone tender. Piling on your favorite bbq sauce and broiling them at the end for a couple minutes allows them to caramelize. By the time these are done cooking your house will smell amazing and your tummy will be growling.
One thing I do recommend is removing the membrane from the back of the ribs. It really helps get the dry rub into the meat on the back side. Here is a great link to show you exactly how to do it.
Oh and these go perfectly with my garlic roasted creamy mashed potatoes or even my Deviled Egg macaroni Salad. If you love ribs as much as my family does, then you are sure to make these over and over.
Wrapping the ribs tight with tin foil steams them so they come out so tender plus it helps with the clean up.
- 2 racks pork ribs about 6 lbs
- 1 jar barbecue sauce
- Dry Rub
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper depending on the heat level you like
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- In a small bowl mix dry rub until combined and set aside
- Rinse pork ribs and pat dry with paper towels
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs, here is a great how to link
- Spread the dry rub all over the ribs making sure to cover both sides.
- Wrap ribs tightly in foil, place on baking sheet
- Bake for 3 hours for spare ribs, 2 hours for baby back ribs or until fork tender
- Open foil and drain the liquid from the ribs. Brush your favorite barbecue sauce on the ribs, broil for 5 minutes
- Remove and let the ribs rest 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serves 4-6