Foil packet nachos are super quick to put together and a fun way to serve nachos. Perfect for a crowd at a barbecue or camping
Crunchy tortilla chips covered in melted cheese, bbq chicken, beans and all your favorite toppings. Cooked on a backyard grill or campfire. These hearty nachos make a delicious meal or appetizer
Nachos are totally customizable to your liking and a great way to use left over meats
Tips for making foil packet nachos
- Don't want to grill them...no problem bake in an 400 degree oven for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Use a disposable tin instead of foil
- Layers and layers is the key to delicious nachos
- Placing the packets over indirect heat and rotating halfway through so the tortilla chips don't burn
- Use a thicker sturdier tortilla chip to prevent the nachos from getting soggy.
- Shred the cheese yourself, resist the urge to purchase pre-shredded cheese. Its treated with stabilizers and doesn't melt as well.
I guarentee these foil packet nachos are going to be part of your summer meal rotation that your family will love.
Still hungry? Looking for more grilling recipes?
- Chicken Club Flatbread with Chipotle Ranch
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- Grilled French Bread Pizza
- Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Tequilla Lime Grilled Chicken Club
- Grilled Tri-Tip with Onions and Peppers
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil, about 16 inches long
- 1- 20 oz bag tortilla chips
- 3 cups bbq chicken diced
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- sour cream
- bbq sauce
- Lay out a foil sheets. Place 1/4 of the chips on one side of the foil. Followed by 1/4 of the cheese, 1/4 of the chicken, beans and a drizzle of bbq sauce. Repeat the payers one more time.
- Bring the other side of the foil over the nacho pile. Fole the edges up to seal.
- Place over indirect heat on a charcoal, gas grill or campfire.
- Close the lid and cook 7-8 minutes rotating the packets halfway through.
- Check to make sure cheese is melted before removing from grill.
- Remove and top with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos and cilantro
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 522Total Fat 76gSaturated Fat 28gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 41gCholesterol 204mgSodium 1955mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 14gSugar 22gProtein 73g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.