Foil packet nachos are super quick to put together and a fun way to serve nachos. Perfect for a crowd at a barbecue or camping
Crunchy tortilla chips covered in melted cheese, bbq chicken, beans and all your favorite toppings. Cooked on a backyard grill or campfire. These hearty nachos make a delicious meal or appetizer
Nachos are totally customizable to your liking and a great way to use left over meats
Tips for making foil packet nachos
- Don’t want to grill them…no problem bake in an 400 degree oven for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Use a disposable tin instead of foil
- Layers and layers is the key to delicious nachos
- Placing the packets over indirect heat and rotating halfway through so the tortilla chips don’t burn
- Use a thicker sturdier tortilla chip to prevent the nachos from getting soggy.
- Shred the cheese yourself, resist the urge to purchase pre-shredded cheese. Its treated with stabilizers and doesn’t melt as well.
I guarentee these foil packet nachos are going to be part of your summer meal rotation that your family will love.
Still hungry? Looking for more grilling recipes?
- Chicken Club Flatbread with Chipotle Ranch
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Mexican Corn Salad
- Grilled French Bread Pizza
- Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Tequilla Lime Grilled Chicken Club
- Grilled Tri Tip with Onions and Peppers
Foil Packet BBQ Chicken Nachos
- 4 pieces of aluminum foil about 16 inches long
- 1- 20 oz bag tortilla chips
- 3 cups bbq chicken diced
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups black beans
- sour cream
- bbq sauce
- Lay out a foil sheets. Place 1/4 of the chips on one side of the foil. Followed by 1/4 of the cheese, 1/4 of the chicken, beans and a drizzle of bbq sauce. Repeat the payers one more time.
- Bring the other side of the foil over the nacho pile. Fole the edges up to seal.
- Place over indirect heat on a charcoal, gas grill or campfire.
- Close the lid and cook 7-8 minutes rotating the packets halfway through.
Check to make sure cheese is melted before removing from grill.
- Remove and top with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos and cilantro