Taco salad is loaded with all your favorites in an edible tortilla bowl!
Taco salad is a flavorful, hearty, and satisfying meal that everyone will love. The best part is the crunchy edible tortilla bowl, I like to sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on to give it that extra deliciousness. We love easy taco meals during the week, like my Crescent Roll Taco Bake, it's definitely a huge favorite in out house.
What goes in a taco salad?
Taco salad is totally customizable to please everybody.
- Taco seasoned ground beef
- black, pinto beans
- fresh corn
How to make tortilla bowls
There are a few different ways to make tortilla bowls. First, spray the tortilla with cooking spray and sprinkle parmesan cheese on both sides.
- Place a muffin tin upside down and place your tortillas in them to form a bowl.
- Using an oven-safe bowl place your tortilla over the bowl use toothpicks to hold the side down (it will still work without the toothpicks)
- Use a round baking pan (if you don't have one small enough you can put some foil around the edge) to tuck the tortilla inside.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Catalina dressing is a favorite for taco salad but you could use a salsa ranch or even chipotle ranch and it would be amazing!
Still hungry? Check out these Mexican recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken and Pepper Jack Cheese Taquitos
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Chipotle Lime Flank steak Tacos
- 1 lb ground beef
- pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the Catalina Dressing
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray both sides of the flour tortillas. sprinkle parmesan on both sides and place in desired baking pan.
- Bakes 14-16 minutes or until desired crispiness
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add ground beef and brown, drain fat. Add taco seasoning and water, simmer according to pkg directions.
- Remove tortilla bowls from oven and let cool. Add lettuce, 1 cup taco meat, and the remaining desired toppings.
For the Catalina Dressing
- In a small bowl or jar add all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 980Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 38gCholesterol 152mgSodium 2155mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 17gSugar 18gProtein 62g