Taco salad is loaded with all your favorites in an edible tortilla bowl!
Taco salad is a flavorful, hearty, and satisfying meal that everyone will love. The best part is the crunchy edible tortilla bowl, I like to sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on to give it that extra deliciousness.
What goes in a taco salad?
Taco salad is totally customizable to please everybody.
- Taco seasoned ground beef
- black, pinto beans
- fresh corn
How to make tortilla bowls
There are a few different ways to make tortilla bowls. First spray the tortilla with cooking spray and sprinkle parmesan cheese on both sides.
- Place a muffin tin upside down and place your tortillas in them to form a bowl.
- Using a oven safe bowl place your tortilla over the bowl use toothpicks to hold the side down (it will still work without the toothpicks)
- Use a round baking pan (if you don’t have one small enough you can put some foil around the edge)tuck the tortilla inside.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 14-16 minutes or until desired crispiness.
Catalina dressing is a favorite for taco salad but you could use a salsa ranch or even chipotle ranch and it would be amazing!
Still hungry? Check out these Mexican recipes!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Chili Colorado Smothered Burritoes
- Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken and Pepper Jack Cheese Taquitos
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Chipotle Lime Flank steak Tacos
- 1 lb ground beef
- pkg taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 4 burrito size tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the Catalina Dressing
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly spray both sides of the flour tortillas. sprinkle parmesan on both sides and place in desired baking pan.
- Bakes 14-16 minutes or until desired crispiness
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat and add ground beef and brown, drain fat. Add taco seasoning and water, simmer according to pkg directions.
- Remove tortilla bowls from oven and let cool. Add lettuce, 1 cup taco meat, and the remaining desired toppings.
For the Catalina Dressing
- In a small bowl or jar add all the dressing ingredients and mix well.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 1221 Total Fat 65g Saturated Fat 21g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 38g Cholesterol 152mg Sodium 2155mg Carbohydrates 99g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 17g Sugar 18g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 62g