Brined Garlic Herb turkey breast has the most succulent and flavorful meat ever.
Thanksgiving turkey season is quickly approaching. This simple brine makes the turkey breast more flavorful and adds moisture.
Cooking a whole turkey can be intimidating. Just doing the breasts is much quicker and you will still get that delicious turkey small throughout your house.
How to make Brined Garlic Herb Turkey Breast
- In a large bowl add warm water, salt, sugar, and herbes de provence, whisk and let cool. Add the turkey breast and marinade in the brine for 8-10 hours.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet, remove the turkey from the brine, and place it on the rack. Gently dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- In a small bowl add softened butter, garlic, and fresh herbs and mix until combined.
- Rub butter all over the turkey breast and under the skin.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 30-40 minutes or until the temp reaches 164 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
Brining brings out the best in turkey adding so much extra flavor. You just need to prepare to soak it in the brine ahead of time.
Some great sides to go with your Thanksgiving dinner.
- Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
- Parmesan Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- Garlic Roasted Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Root Beer Glazed Spiral Ham
These turkey breasts come out so tasty every time you'll never go back to your old ways of cooking a turkey. I promise!
I'm so excited for you guys to try this, I know you won't be disappointed. You can even double this recipe and brine a whole turkey.
- 2 (3 lb) half bone-in turkey breast
- 10 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Herbes De Provence, optional
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3 garlic gloves minced
- 1 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme finely chopped
- Pour warm water into a large bowl and add salt, sugar and herbes de Provance and whisk until combined. Let cool.
- Once water is cool add turkey breast cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet and remove turkey from brine and place on top of rack. Pat dry the turkey with paper towels as much as possible.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a small bowl add softened butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme and mix until well combined. Rub the butter mixture all over turkey breast making sure to get under the skin. Bake turkey for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake another 30-40 minutes or until turkey breast reaches 164 degrees.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil to let res 15 minutes and keep warm. Slice and enjoy!
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 224Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 52mgSodium 9584mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 17gProtein 5g