Thai cucumber salad is a refreshing side dish for any meal and it only takes a few minutes to throw together. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Thinly sliced cucumbers tossed in a sweet and spicy sauce along with red onions, peanuts, and cilantro a delicious refreshing side dish. Pair it with any protein for a refreshing side dish.
Do I have to use peanuts?
No, you absolutely do not! If you don’t like them or have an allergy this salad is delicious without them or you could even add some slivered almonds for the added crunch factor.
This salad is best served fresh, you can make the dressing up to 4 days ahead and store it in the refrigerator and toss right before serving.
- Using a mandoline will get you perfect slices, but a sharp knife will also work.
- To get those tiny groves on the side of the cucumber. Use a potato peeler and run a strip down the side then leave a gap of green peel and run the peeler. down the side again. This is an options step.
- You can add in other vegetables like shredded carrots or even red bell peppers.
- Don’t skip salting of the cucumbers it helps them stay crisp when tossed with the dressing.
- I prefer English cucumbers but really any kind will work you may just want to remove the center if it’s a seedy cucumber.
What to serve with this salad?
- Teriyaki Grilled Chicken
- Sweet N Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Skillet Burger
- Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Filet Mignon
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced ¼ inch thin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ red onion halved and sliced ¼ inch thin
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Place 1/2 of the sliced cucumbers in a strainer and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over them, then place the second layer followed by another teaspoon of salt. Let sit for about 1 hour and place on a paper towel and pat dry. (This step is optional but allows the cucumbers to stay crisp longer.)
- Place the sliced cucumbers, onions, peanuts, and cilantro in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl add the sweet chili sauce, honey, sesame oil, lime juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes, and mix until combined.
- Pour the sauce over the cucumbers and toss until coated. Add salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 202Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1284mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.