This crunchy caramel snack mix is a perfect combination of sweet and salty, with chocolate drizzled over the top. This is a snack the whole family can enjoy.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
This is a snack the whole family can enjoy. Great for game day, or just sitting down with a big bowl and a movie like this Kettle Corn. I've even made this and packaged it up for Christmas gifts.
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
Chex mix cereal
Chocolate Chips or melting chocolate
Scroll down to the bottom for the full printable recipe!
How to make Crunchy Caramel Snack Mix
Step 1 Add the popped popcorn, Chex mix, pretzels, and pecans to a bowl and toss.
Step 2. Heat up the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup until bubbly.
Step 3. Simmer, let caramel mixture simmer.
Step 4. Caramel mixture Pour warm caramel mixture over the snack mix.
Step 5. Bake, Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake.
Step 6. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top and let chill.
1. I recommend using parchment paper to line the baking sheet for easy clean-up.
2. After popping the popcorn, try and pick through and dispose of any un-popped kernels.
3. Chex cereal: Either rice or corn Chex cereal works for this recipe.
4. Walnuts or even peanuts would also be great in this recipe.
Crunchy Caramel Snack Mix
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups Rice or Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzel twists broken into large pieces
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add popcorn, cereal, pretzels, and pecans mix well.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat combine butter, sugar, corn syrup. Heat until mixture comes to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and quickly add vanilla and baking soda and mix.
- Pour over the popcorn mixture and stir until well coated.
- Place mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes stirring after 15 minutes.
- In 2 small bowls add your chocolate and melt in the microwave for 1 minute then stir, repeat until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn mixture and let cool.