This crunchy caramel snack mix is a perfect combination of sweet and salty, with chocolate drizzled over the top. This is a snack the whole family can enjoy. Great for game day, or just sitting down with a big bowl and a movie. I have even made this and packaged it up for Christmas gifts. I have been making it every fall now for the last couple years, and it get gobbled up! This is so stinking easy, and once you try this you will be so addicted and won’t be able to stop eating it.
I will be honest though, I have never been a huge fan of caramel popcorn by itself, but this recipe has lots of different textures of crunchiness. The buttery caramel that holds it all together like glue, is so delicious. I hope you love it as much as we do!
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 cups rice or corn cereal
- 2 cups pretzel twists (broken into large pieces)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups white chocolate
- In a large bowl add popcorn, cereal, pretzels and pecans mix well.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat combine butter, sugar, corn syrup. Heat until mixture comes to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and quickly add vanilla and baking soda and mix. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until well coated. Place mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes stirring after 15 minutes.
- Transfer popcorn mixture to a large piece of parchment paper
- In 2 small bowls add you chocolate and melt in microwave for 1 minute then stir, repeat until melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn mixture and let cool