This recipe for Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is one of my favorite side dishes. Brussels sprouts seem to get a bad rap for some reason. I mean I hated them as a kid and I still don’t care for them steamed but I love them roasted, and the Parmesan and bacon put it over the top.
These little baby cabbages are not only cute but super east to prepare. I like to use a this inexpensive baking sheet to roast them, actually I use this sheet pan for everything.
Every time I make this recipe everyone goes crazy for it. My favorite part is the leaves that fall off and get crispy when roasted. So good!
Brussels Sprouts are super easy to prepare, cut off the brown ends and then just cut them in half if they are large. Toss in olive oil, and Parmesan and roast for 20-25 minutes.
Another family favorite is my Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower. Something about roasted veggies that makes them look more appetizing.
These Brussels Sprouts are a quick side dish that you can prep ahead. Even people who say they hate Brussels sprouts, have a new found love for them after trying this recipe.
- 2 lbs Brussels fresh sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 pieces cooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the ends off the brussels sprouts then cut them in half if they are large.
- Place them in a large bowl and add the olive oil, half of the Parmesan and salt and pepper and toss them.
- Then place them on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes stirring about halfway.
- Add the bacon and the rest of the Parmesan and additional salt and pepper if needed serve.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 185Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 19mgSodium 905mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 10g