Grilled Shrimp Cobb Salad is the perfect summer meal loaded with succulent shrimp, crisp lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, crispy bacon, and topped with a creamy lemon garlic dressing.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
This classic salad is a combination of fresh and vibrant ingredients that work together to create a delicious and nutritious dish like my Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad. From the succulent grilled shrimp and creamy avocado to the crispy bacon and tangy tomatoes, every bite is packed with flavor and texture try adding some of my Homemade Croutons.
Why this recipe works
This shrimp salad is a fresh and satisfying meal with a homemade dressing and is perfect for lunch or dinner served with my Ciabatta Garlic Bread. This is one of the most colorful and satisfying salads like my Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad or this Southwest Blackened Chicken Salad which has so many wonderful flavors and textures.
Ingredients needed for cobb salad
- Shrimp: 16/20 peeled and deveined preferably with the tail on.
- Lettuce: Romaine lettuce, iceberg, or any crisp lettuce.
- Tomatoes: Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes.
- Bacon: I like to use thick smoky bacon.
How to make Grilled Cobb Salad
- Step 1: Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the diced bacon.
- Step 2: Cook until desired crispiness and remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Step 3: In a small bowl add the dressing ingredients and mix until combined.
- Step 4: In a medium bowl add the shrimp, olive oil, and spices and toss until combined and chill.
- Step 5: Heat a grill on medium-high heat place the shrimp over the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6: Then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until translucent, remove to a plate. Arrange the cobb salad on a large platter or large salad bowl into neat rows and serve!
- Don't chop the avocado until ready to serve or else it will turn brown.
- Marinating the shrimp for 30 minutes allows for an extra layer of flavor.
- It's perfect for meal prep: Cobb salad is a great option for meal prep as you can prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the salad when you're ready to eat.
- This smokeless indoor grill pan works great for these shrimp.
Both salads are similar, but a chef's salad is more of a basic salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and ham.
Yes, Romaine and iceberg lettuce are a good choice for a delicious Cobb salad.
I love my salad spinner from OXO but you can rinse your lettuce under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels.
Traditionally a red wine vinaigrette is what is used. I prefer creamy dressings and my creamy lemon garlic dressing is perfect for this fresh cobb salad.
Grilled Shrimp Cobb Salad
- 6 slices bacon
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
For The Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin if desired
For The Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp 16/20 peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the diced bacon.
- Cook the bacon until desired crispiness and remove to a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl add the dressing ingredients whisk together until combined and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl add the peeled and deveined shrimp, and toss with the olive oil, paprika, granulated garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until combined. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill on medium-high heat and place the shrimp over the heat and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Then flip the shrimp and cook another 2-3 minutes or until translucent and cooked through.
- On a large platter or bowl add the lettuce, tomatoes, crispy bacon, sliced hard-boiled eggs, and diced avocados along with the cooked shrimp. Serve with the chilled dressing.