Bacon wrapped hot dogs are a super simple summer meal, with a slight twist.
It’s starting to heat up outside which makes it prime grilling season. These Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs are stuffed with yummy cheese. Topped with Crispy Onions and Jalapenos are incredibly sinful. Definitely this summer’s best meal.
Hotdogs and burgers are the typical summer food classic. My son says these are the best hot dogs he has ever had! And as we all know kids always speak the truth when it comes to food, so I will take that as a win!
Using the toothpicks helps keep the bacon wrapped around the dogs until cooked. Just make sure you remember to remove them before serving.
So if your looking to take your hot dog experience to the next level this is definitely a must try. These bacon wrapped hot dogs are perfect for the 4th of July or even Father’s Day.
Looking for more great summer recipes?
- Marinated Four Bean Salad
- Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Beans
- Chipotle Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Bacon Ranch Foil Wrapped Potatoes
- I pkg beef hot dogs
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese any kind
- 3 jalapenos sliced
- 8 soft buns
- 8 toothpicks cut in half
- 1 onion
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- Slice the onion in half then slice thinly and add to the buttermilk, let it set for 15-20 minutes
- In a small bowl whisk flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper
- In a skillet or large pan, heat oil to medium/high heat
- Remove onions from buttermilk, and toss in the flour mixture, shake excess off and place into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, remove and place them on a paper towel
- Slice hot dogs down the center but don't go all the way through. Stuff the cheese in the pocket.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each hot dog, secure each end with a piece of toothpick.
- Heat grill to med heat, grill hot dogs until bacon is cooked about 10- 12 minutes. Turning often so they don't burn.
- Remove toothpicks and serve with soft buns topped with crispy onions and jalapenos
- **you can also use crispy fried onions found in the crouton section of the grocery store
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 37mgSodium 792mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 16g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.