This Peach-Chipotle Baked Chicken with Coconut Rice is pure perfection! The spicy, sticky glaze is absolutely delicious!
Peach and chipotle baked chicken with coconut rice is Ah-Mazing! It's sweet and smoky and every bite is a party in your mouth. Guaranteed to be a new family favorite!
Tips for making peach chipotle baked chicken
- I usually line my baking sheet with foil or you can spray some cooking spray before adding the chicken and sauce. It makes the clean up so much easier.
- Place your leftover chipotle in adobo sauce in a ziplock freezer bag and freeze. Then when you need it just cut off a chuck and heat in the microwave.
- Marinate overnight for the best flavor.
- You can also substitute chicken breasts for thighs if you prefer. Although you may have to cut back on the cooking time by 5-8 minutes.
- These chicken thighs can also be grilled although you will miss out on the delicious sauce it makes when it bakes.
- You can substitute the peach preserves for apricot or even mango preserves.
Coconut rice is easy to make only takes a few basic ingredients that are easy to keep on hand so you can make it any time.
Tips for coconut rice
- Use Jasmine rice it offers the best flavor.
- Bring liquids to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Once the time is up turn off the heat and leave the lid on for 10 minutes.
Check out some of my other chicken recipes!
Peach-Chipotle Baked Chicken with Coconut Rice
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1-2 tablespoons Chipotle in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Green onions sliced
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place chicken in a large ziplock freezer bag or container.
- In a medium bowl mix peach preserves, chipotle. ginger, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, and salt. Add marinade to the chicken. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- Place chicken and marinade on a large foil-lined baking sheet, to make for easy cleanup. Or spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken and marinade on the baking sheet or dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Switch the oven to broil the last 5 minutes if you want to get the top a little charred. Just watch closely so it doesn't burn.
- For the Coconut Rice
- In a medium saucepan whisk in the coconut milk, water, salt, and Jasmine rice. Let it come to a boil, whisking a few times. Reduce heat to lowest setting, cover, and cook for 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve chicken with rice and garnish with green onions.