These chicken burritos are loaded with all your favorites and are absolutely delicious!
Oh my goodness these slow cooker chicken burritos are not only easy but AH-mazingly delicious. Loaded with chicken, rice, beans and cheese and bursting with flavor. This is one burrito recipe that your family will fall in love with.
Burritos are super easy and so versatile, I mean you could wrap just about anything in a tortilla and call it a burrito. However these chicken burritos are probably one of my favorite quick and easy meals.
How to make chicken burritos
- Add chicken, taco seasoning and salsa to the slow cooker.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and add garlic cook for about 30 seconds and add rice, cilantro and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a small bowl add the tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, salt and mix..
- Once chicken is done shred with two forks and add beans and cilantro
- Place some rice, chicken mixture, cheese and pico de gallo. Roll up the tortilla.
- Heat a skillet on medium and add olive oil cook burrito just until crispy on all sides.
Looking for more Mexican related recipes?
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Mexican Pizza
- Tequila Lime Burrito Bowl
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Tacos
This recipe can be easily doubled to eat throughout the week. Or you can freeze the chicken in freezer bags for an easy meal later.
My family loves Mexican food, like a lot. We could just about eat it everyday. Burritos are so versatile, they’re like little pockets of heaven, I mean who doesn’t love that? So if you’re a fan like my family, then you will love this recipe.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Burrito
- 1 lb chicken tenders or boneless breasts
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 3 cups shredded cheese I use a mixture of pepper jack and cheddar
- 6-8 burrito sized tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
Garlic Lime Rice
- 2 cups cooked white rice I use long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or more if you like it
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Pico De Gallo
- 3 Roma tomatoes cored and diced small
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a slow cooker add chicken, salsa and taco seasoning. Cook for 2 hours on high
When chicken is done shred with two forks allowing it to mix with the juices. Add bean and cilantro and mix until combined.
For the Garlic Lime Rice
- In a large pot add butter and garlic, cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Add cooked rice and lime juice, cilantro and salt and mix until combined.
Pico De Gallo
In a small bowl add tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, salt, lime juice and cilantro. mix until combined and set aside.
Add some shredded chicken and rice, into the tortillas then add cheese (about 1/4 cup each) and Pico De Gallo. Tuck the sides in and roll the burrito up.
Heat a skillet on medium low and add olive oil, add the wrapped burritos seam side down and heat for 4-5 minutes turning the burritos every minute so they don't burn. You just want the tortilla to get a little crispy and the cheese to melt. Serves 6-8
- Garnish with guacamole and sour cream
**Notes** You can keep the burritos wrapped individually in saran wrap in the refrigerator for a quick meal. Throw them in the microwave for a minute before crisping up in the pan to make sure they are hot all the way through.