Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy is the perfect weeknight meal. Juicy tender shredded chicken slathered in creamy gravy is pure comfort food. A delicious dinner the whole family will love!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Why this Recipe Works
I’m a huge fan of an easy slow cooker meal during this time of the year. I love a good easy slow cooker recipe that uses simple ingredients like this crockpot chicken and gravy. Have you ever made a whole chicken in the slow cooker?
My Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Chicken is fantastic. It only requires a few minutes of prep time and with only a handful of ingredients and seasoning. You can throw everything in your slow cooker and let it work its magic, and you'll have a hearty meal at the end of the day.
This crockpot chicken recipe is an easy recipe that's kid-friendly. You can serve it over rice or egg noodles with a side of green beans or corn. Everyone will enjoy this easy chicken recipe! You should also check out my Slow Cooker Lemon Honey Chicken and Vegetables or my Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich.
Let’s Take A Quick Look At The Ingredients
• Chicken- Use chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts
• Cream of chicken soup-any brand is fine
• Chicken gravy mix
• Chicken broth- You can use water as well
• Granulated garlic -or garlic powder
• Salt and pepper
• Parsley for garnish
• Kitchen Bouquet- Soup flavoring like soy sauce is optional
The beauty of this slow cooker chicken and gravy recipe is that it’s literally the easiest recipe to make with hardly any prep work. Get out your crockpot and let’s get started!
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Step 1: Whisk ingredients together. Whisk your cream of chicken soup, gravy packets, water, granulated garlic, and optional Kitchen Bouquet together in a small bowl.
Step 2: Pour gravy mixture over the chicken. Place your chicken in the crockpot, and then pour the gravy mixture over the top of it.
Step 3: Cook.
Step 4: Season and garnish. Shred the chicken and season the chicken and gravy with salt and black pepper to taste, and then garnish with parsley.
Serve the shredded chicken with white rice, mashed potatoes, or pasta. Enjoy!
1. Use low sodium. If you are keeping an eye on your salt intake, you can use low sodium cream of chicken, low sodium gravy mix, and low sodium broth in this recipe.
2. Make it hearty. If you don’t want to worry about making side dishes, you can make this recipe a one-pot hearty meal by adding frozen peas and carrots in the last 30 minutes.
3. Add Kitchen Bouquet. Although it’s optional, I would suggest using the Kitchen Bouquet. It gives your gravy a darker color, adds another layer of flavor, and helps to thicken the gravy.
4. Any boneless, skinless chicken will do. You can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chicken breasts, or chicken tenders. This makes it easier to shred if serving with rice or pasta.
You will know the chicken is done because it should be fork tender and juicy. It will shred easily. However, you can always double-check it with a thermometer. Use a food thermometer and insert it into the thickest part of the chicken. Chicken is done when it reads 165℉.
If you've never heard of Kitchen Bouquet, it’s a browning and seasoning sauce. It has caramel with vegetable flavoring and has been used since 1873 in various gravies and foods. Currently, it is produced by Hidden Valley. It’s an easy way to add extra flavor and color to your meals.
No, you do not need extra water. The broth mixed with the gravy and other seasonings is enough to cook the chicken in the crockpot. If you add additional water, you will water down the gravy.
This slow cooker shredded chicken and gravy recipe is also super easy to store and reheat. All you have to do is place it in a Tupperware bowl with a lid and put it in the refrigerator. Reheat it in the microwave for leftovers. It will be good for 3-5 days in the fridge.
Absolutely! In fact, chicken and gravy make the perfect freezer meal. Allow it to cool, then place it in a Ziploc freezer bag, and store it in the freezer. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating it on the stove top, for a busy weeknight meal.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 envelopes of chicken gravy mix
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet optional
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cream of chicken soup, gravy
packets, water, and granulated garlic and Kitchen Bouquet (optional) and mix until combined
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Shed chicken into chunks and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes.
1. Use low sodium cream of chicken and gravy mix if desired
2. You can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
3. Add some frozen peas and carrots for the last 30 minutes for a more
4. Add ¼ teaspoon of Kitchen Bouquet if you want a darker gravy
Amount Per Serving Calories 589Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 124mgSodium 958mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 48g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.