Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are one of the best ways to use up that summer zucchini!
This is one of the easiest and most delicious summer recipes. Loaded with all your favorite taco ingredients baked in a soft zucchini boat. Topped off with a smokey chipotle sour cream.
Every summer I plant way to many zucchini plants, I’m always looking for creative ways to serve it. These taco stuffed zucchini boats do not disappoint! If you love zucchini and love tacos then these will be a hit!
How to make Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Choose the right size zucchini about 8-10 inches is perfect.
- Slice them in half lengthwise and hollow the seedy center out with a spoon or melon scooper.
- Add your taco filling and bake for 20 minutes then add your cheese and bake another 10 minutes.
- Top with all your favorite taco toppings.
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
The beefy taco filling really takes these zucchini boats to a whole new level. My Restaurant Style Mexican Rice is a perfect side dish for the zucchini boats.
This really is the perfect veggie packed Summer meal that the whole family will enjoy!
- 3 large zucchini, 8-10 inches long
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, I used pepper jack
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Chipotle sour cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- In a small bowl add sour cream and chipotle and mix until combined. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a pan on medium high heat, add ground beef and cook until brown. Drain fat and add onions, garlic and jalapeno cook another minute then add taco seasoning and water according to pkg directions. Simmer 5 minutes. Add black beans and mix until combined.
- Cut zucchini in half, lengthwise. Using a melon baller or spoon scoop out the seeded center of the zucchini.
- Using a potato peeler peel one strip off the bottom of the zucchini. This just helps keep it from tipping over after being stuffed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Fill the zucchini with the ground beef mixture. Bake for 20 minutes . Top each zucchini with cheese and bake until melted. Remove from oven and top with toppings.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 580Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 123mgSodium 811mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 9gSugar 6gProtein 36g