This Taco Bake Recipe is an easy dinner the whole family will love, and perfect for your next taco Tuesday. Comes together with just a few ingredients, and is on the table in about 40 minutes.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Why this recipe works
This easy taco bake recipe is a dish the whole family will love. It's made from refrigerated crescent roll dough with taco meat and cheese, baked then topped with all your favorite taco toppings.
Another fun twist to taco night is my Taco Pasta Skillet its always a huge hit! This can be served as a meal on its own. Or serve this with a side of tortilla chips, Homemade Refried Beans, or Mexican Rice for a tasty meal.
Ingredients for this recipe
Ground beef- I use ground beef but you can certainly use ground turkey or chicken.
Taco seasoning- You can use prepackaged taco season or make a homemade version like this one from Pioneer Woman.
Salsa- I recommend using jarred salsa as it is let watery as fresh salsa.
How to make this recipe
Step 1 Add ground beef to a hot skillet and cook beef until brown, drain.
Step 2 Add in the packaged or your own homemade taco seasoning and salsa.
Step 3 Unroll the crescent roll and place it in a prepared casserole dish.
Step 4 Add the beef mixture on top followed by the shredded cheese.
- Instead of ground beef use ground turkey or even ground chicken.
- If you like your crust crispier bake just the crescent roll for 4-5 minutes then add the meat and cheese and continue baking.
- You can also use the full sheet crescent rolls.
- I recommend using jarred salsa, It's thicker than fresh salsa.
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Pico de gallo
Yes, you can prepare this easy crescent roll taco bake in advance and just leave it in the refrigerator until ready to bake it that same day. If you want to prep even further in advance you can make the taco meat up to 3 days ahead of time then assemble the taco bake and pop it into the oven.
Yes, you can freeze the crescent roll, meat, and cheese in a freezer-safe dish then bake as directed and add your toppings.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave, oven, or even the air fryer.
Taco Crescent Roll Bake
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups jarred salsa
- 1 8 oz can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups cheddar cheese I used pepper jack and cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add ground beef and cook until browned about 7-8 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning and salsa to ground beef and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and place the crescent roll in the bottom, pressing gently to seal the seams.
- Add the cooked beef on top of the crescent roll. Followed by the shredded cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, cut into squares, and top with your favorite toppings.