Foil-wrapped potatoes are tender and loaded with cheese, bacon, and peppers. A perfect side dish to any meal!
These bacon ranch foil-wrapped potatoes are one of the easiest side dishes. You'll be amazed at how quickly these are devoured. Cheesy summer comfort food at its best!
The best part is you just toss these on the grill with the main course. In about 30 minutes you have tender delicious, cheesy potatoes, and clean-up is a breeze! An effortless summer side dish that you can prepare ahead of time, absolutely perfect for camping.
- I use Yukon gold potatoes, but Russet or red-skinned potatoes will also work.
- Cutting the potatoes the same size will ensure even cooking.
- We prefer a mixture of pepper jack and cheddar cheese. You can use whatever cheese you prefer.
- Spraying the foil with cooking spray helps prevent any sticking.
Can these be made in the oven?
Yes, Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place foil-wrapped potato packets on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the center rack and bake for 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Open foil packets and place cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes or until melted.
What can I serve foil-wrapped potatoes with?
- Honey Sriracha Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Sweet N Spicy Baked Beans
- Grilled Tri-Tip with Onions and Peppers
- Sweet N Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 lbs small yukon gold potatoes quartered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Jalapenos seeded and cut into slices
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup red peppers diced
- 2 tablespoons ranch dip mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 slices cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley
- non-stick cooking spray
- foil sheets
- In a large bowl add potatoes, olive oil, onions, pepper, garlic, jalapenos and sprinkle the ranch dip mix and toss until combined.
- Spray non-stick spray on foil sheets (I usually do 3) divide the potatoes evenly among the foil sheets. Fold the edges of the foil over the potatoes to form a packet.
- Place packs on grill over medium heat. Cover and cook 15 minutes, rotate and cook another 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Gently open packs and sprinkle cheese over potatoes. Cover grill and wait 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Remove from grill and garnish with chopped bacon, and fresh chopped parsley.
Potatoes- You can also use russet potatoes.
Oven baking times: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place foil wrapped potato packets on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the center rack and bake for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Open foil packets and place cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes or until melted.
Serving Size3 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 661Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 81mgSodium 971mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 28g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.