Chili cheese dog dip is an easy appetizer made with hot dogs wrapped in buttery crescent roll dough. Baked in a dish with a cheesy chili dip that will have your guests going crazy for it.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Hot dog bites are a favorite party food like my Mini Corn Dogs and Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies are always a favorite appetizer for the big game day festivities.
why this recipe works
These mini hot dogs use simple ingredients and have all the flavors you love with a chili cheese dog in just one bite. They are a simple recipe for game day or make the perfect party appetizer like my Chopped Cheeseburger Sliders or Bacon Wrapped Shrimp. Make sure you include these for your next party or fun football Sunday's appetizer table.
- Hot dogs: I used regular hot dogs, but lil' smokies or cocktail wieners are also delicious.
- Crescent rolls: The individual rolls not the sheet dough.
- Chili: Canned no-bean chili or make my homemade no-bean chili.
- Cheese: Cheddar and or Pepperjack cheese.
- Cream cheese: Full fat. Velveeta cheese also works great.
how to make this recipe
- Step 1: Cut the hot dogs into thirds.
- Step 2: Open the crescent dough and cut each triangle into thirds.
- Step 3: Place each hot dog piece into a piece of crescent roll and roll it up.
- Step 4: Place the rolled hot dogs into an oven-safe skillet.
- Step 5: In a small bowl mix together the chili dip until combined.
- Step 6: After the pigs in a blanket have baked a bit remove them from the oven and add the chili dip into the center and place back into the oven and bake until golden brown.
- You can use an oven-safe skillet or even a pie dish, you can also bake the mini crescent dogs on a baking sheet and serve the dip in a separate bowl.
- Use full-fat cream cheese for the ultimate creaminess.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the crescent dinner rolls evenly into three pieces.
- Add some additional diced tomatoes, jalapeños, and green onions for toppings
You can use a pie plate or simply bake this classic appetizer in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the chili dip in a dish and bake in the oven or even in the crock pot.
I like to use a beef hot dog like Nathan's Famous for this easy appetizer, but you can even use cocktail weenies whatever you prefer.
You can mix the dip together in a bowl and add the cheddar cheese on top. Wrap the buttery crescent rolls around the hot dogs and place them on a plate in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Of course, canned chili is just a great way to save time! Homemade is always best in my opinion. You can use my No bean chili recipe.
More hot dog recipes
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Chili Cheese Dog Dip
Chili cheese dog dip is an easy appetizer made with hot dogs wrapped in buttery crescent roll dough and baked in a dish with a cheesy chili dip that will have your guests going crazy for it.
- 8 hot dogs, cut into thirds
- 1 (8-ounce) pkg crescent roll dough
- 2 cups of no bean chili, store bought or homemade
- 4 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Green onions, diced
- Jalapeno, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and lightly spray a 10-inch oven-safe skillet or pie dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the hot dogs into thirds and set aside
- Open the crescent roll dough and cut each triangle into thirds.
- Wrap each hot dog with a piece of dough.
- Place the wrapped dough around the edge of the skillet, and bake for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile add the chili, cream cheese, and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add the chili dip into the center of the hot dogs and sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese on top, place back into the oven and bake 8-10 more minutes until golden brown and the chili dip is bubbly.
- Top with sliced green onions and sliced jalapenos.
You can use an oven-safe skillet or even a pie dish, you can also bake the mini crescent dogs on a baking sheet and serve the dip in a separate bowl.
Use full-fat cream cheese for the ultimate creaminess.
I used regular hot dogs, but lil' smokies or cocktail wieners are also delicious.
You can use homemade no-bean chili instead of canned.
Amount Per Serving Calories 503Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 71mgSodium 1033mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 17g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply