Air Fryer Garlic Knots are made with pizza dough, brushed with butter, and sprinkled with parmesan. They are ready in 10 minutes and so addicting, the perfect appetizer for parties or Super Bowl festivities!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
These easy garlic knots are golden brown and crispy on the outside yet soft and fluffy on the inside. Smothered in garlic butter and parmesan cheese, serve them piping hot with marinara sauce, beer cheese sauce or ranch. We love to have them along side a Thick Crust Pizza and a Chopped Salad .
Why this recipe works
These garlicky knots are irresistible, soft and buttery, and loaded with garlic and parmesan cheese, an easy snack appetizer like my Pepperoni Pull-Apart Bread or a side dish to pizza night or even pasta night like my Spaghetti Bolognese or my Slow Cooker Ravioli.
- Pizza dough: I used refrigerated pizza crust but you can use your own homemade recipe.
- Butter: I use salted butter if you use unsalted butter you might want to add a sprinkle of salt.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic is best, but garlic powder works in a pinch.
- Parmesan cheese: Grated or shredded.
- Parsley: I prefer fresh parsley but dried can also be used.
How to make this recipe
- Step 1: Combine your melted butter, minced garlic, and half of the parsley in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Step 2: Open a simple can of pizza dough crust. While the pizza dough is still rolled up, slice the dough into 12 equal pieces. Then, unroll the strips and fold them in half lengthwise to create pull-apart layers.
- Step 3: Using a pastry brush, brush each strip with the garlic butter mixture. Then, tie the strips into a knot and place them on a baking sheet.
- Step 4: Preheat the air fryer and place 4-6 knots into the air fryer basket.
- Step 5: Fry the little knots until golden brown, do not overcrowd the basket.
- Step 6: Brush more melted butter mixture on top and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top, serve!
- Work in batches, you don't want to overcrowd the basket.
- Try using crescent dough for more flaky air fryer parmesan garlic knots.
- You can also make your own pizza dough if you prefer.
I use a Corsi air fryer depending on the one you are using will decide how many you can fit in a basket at a time.
Yes, you can also make this simple recipe in the oven. Place the garlic knots on a baking sheet and place in a 400-degree preheated oven, for 12-14 minutes
Once cooled, place them in a ziplock bag or airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a Ziploc freezer bag, and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. You can also freeze them raw by placing them on a baking sheet and placing that in the freezer for about 1 hour or until frozen. Then place the frozen garlic knots in a ziplock freezer bag.
Reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes for a perfect snack.
More Bread Recipes
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Air Fryer Garlic Knots
Air fryer garlic knots are made with pizza dough, brushed with butter, and sprinkled with parmesan. They are ready in 10 minutes and so addicting, perfect appetizer for parties or Super Bowl festivities!
- 13 ounce can refrigerated pizza dough
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Preheat air fryer
- Combine melted butter, minced garlic, and half of the parsley in a small bowl.
- With pizza dough still rolled up, slice pizza dough into 12 equal pieces, and unroll the strips. Fold strips in half lengthwise to “double up” the dough, this creates gorgeous pull-apart layers.
- Brush each strip with the butter mixture. Tie strips into a knot and place on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper if you prefer.
- Place 5-6 knots in the preheated air fryer and fry for 6-7 minutes, or until knots are golden brown and just cooked through. Do not overbake. Brush with more melted butter as soon as they are done, and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve piping hot with ranch or marinara to dip.
- You can make homemade pizza dough if you prefer.
- Work in batches, you dont want to overcrowd the basket.
- Once cooled, place them in a ziplock bag or airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To Bake in the oven: Yes you can also make this simple recipe in the oven. Place the garlic knots on a baking sheet and place in a 400-degree preheated oven, for 12-14 minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories 138Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 17mgSodium 246mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply