Chopped Greek salad has a variety of fresh veggies, with garbanzo beans, feta cheese, and olives. Tossed with a tangy vinaigrette dressing. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
A refreshing summer meal or side dish, packed with Mediterranean flavors you’ll be enjoying again and again.
What's the difference between kalamata olives and black olives?
Kalamata olives are generally larger than black olives, a little thinner in shape, and more of a purple color.
Black olives have a much stronger flavor, Kalamata olives are a little sweeter but both have that olive sharpness in general.
Both black and kalamata olives will work in this recipe.
- I prefer English cucumbers because it has fewer seeds. But any cucumbers will work you just may want to remove the seeds first.
- I used Gemelli pasta but any small pasta will work, or leave it out altogether.
- Try adding in some avocado, artichoke hearts, or bell peppers for a twist.
How long will this last?
This will last 3-4 days in an airtight container stored in the refrigerator. I make this on the weekend so it's a quick and easy lunch to grab during the week. Keep the dressing separate and just give it a quick stir and add as needed throughout the week.
What should I serve this with?
- Sweet n Spicy Grilled Chicken
- Crispy Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- Pan-Seared Rib Eye Steak
- Filet Mignon with Garlic Herb Butter
Chopped Greek Salad
- 5 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked pasta
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup red onions sliced
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1 English cucumber sliced
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- ¾ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- In a large bowl add the lettuce, pasta, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, garbanzo beans, and feta and toss until combined
- In a small bowl add olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, lemon juice, oregano, dill, and garlic and whisk until combined. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Right before serving give the dressing another whisk and pour over salad, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle more fresh feta on top and serve!