This In-N-Out burger copycat version is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
These In-N-Out burgers are simply amazing! We don’t eat fast food much at all but if we do In-N-Out is our go-to place. Let’s not forget about that sweet and tangy sauce. Each bite sends your taste buds into overdrive. No need for ketchup for the fries when you have this amazing sauce to dunk them in.
You can imagine my excitement when I came across a copycat version of this burger, and I had to try it for myself. The burgers are extremely simple to make. Just some salt and pepper and a spread of mustard then cooked on a hot skillet to form and amazing crust.
I’m not sure how such a simple burger can taste so amazing, and this secret sauce is spot on. These are so close to the real thing you have to give it a try.
More delicious burger recipes!
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- White onion slices
- 4 hamburger buns
For the special sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Form meat into four 1/4 lb patties, thin and slightly larger than the size of your bun. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let come to room temperature about 15 minutes
- Meanwhile mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish in a small bowl
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet on medium high heat add 1/2 tsp oil and place your buns split side down in the heated pan, cook until toasted about 1 minute. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add the patties to the pan. Cook without moving until well browned and crusty on first side, about 2½ minutes. While they are cooking, spread about a tablespoon of mustard to the raw side. Then flip and top each side with 2 slices of cheese continue cooking for 1 more minute.
- Spread sauce on toasted bun, place burger patty, tomatoes, onion and lettuce
Amount Per Serving Calories 690Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 138mgSodium 1746mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 43g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.