This classic comfort dish is easy and delicious! A guaranteed crowd pleaser!
This Spicy Italian Sausage Baked Ziti totally hits the spot! Tender pasta, with my special cheese blend will satisfy even the pickiest eater.
One of the great things about this meal is it can be made ahead of time and then just pop it in the oven for a delicious weeknight meal. Add a salad and some garlic bread and your all set! Except dessert of course….but I totally got that covered too. My Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake will rock your world!
Just drop spoonfuls of the cheese mixture on the pasta and it will melt into cheesy deliciousness. I’ve never been a huge fan of Ricotta, and I can’t really put my finger on why, I think its the gritty texture. This cheese mixture is ah-mazing! Not gonna lie I do lick the bowl when I’m done, none goes to waste.
- 16 oz dry ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 jars marinara/spaghetti sauce (24 ounces each)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella
- fresh Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet add onions and saute 2-3 minutes, add sausage and cook stirring occasionally, until cooked through about 12 minutes. Drain fat and add in garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add in sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl add cottage cheese, cream cheese, and 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil and mix until combined.
- Add meat mixture to pasta and mix until combined. In a 9x13 baking dish pour half the pasta mixture into the baking dish. Add small scoops of the cheese mixture on the pasta. Then add the rest of the pasta. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil