This Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Burger is juicy, bursting with flavor, and super simple to make!
We are obsessed with these Jalapeño Pepper Jack Chicken Burgers with Roasted Garlic Mayo. The jalapeño, cilantro, and pepper jack cheese add so much flavor to the moist chicken burgers. I mean they are serious crowd-pleasers.
I have to admit I have never had a chicken burger before, I have tried a turkey burger before and it always seemed to be dry. Blahh! You will be absolutely amazed at how juicy and tender these burgers turn out. The roasted garlic mayo is so yummy I could pretty much eat it right from the container. But if you prefer a beef burger you've got to try my Smash Burger or Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions.
- Don't overmix the meat.
- Separate the mixture into 8 even sections, then form them into patties and place them onto parchment paper.
- The chicken mixture will seem a little wet but when they are placed on a hot grill they firm up nicely.
- Sometimes I grill on my weber and often times on this Smokeless Indoor Grill.
Can I fry these burgers?
Sure, add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to a hot skillet and place 3-4 patties at a time into the skillet. Cook for 7-8 minutes then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes add cheese on top. Cover with a lid and cook another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
Roasting garlic is so easy and makes the perfect mayo for this chicken burger.
This roasted garlic mayo is so so good! Stores perfectly in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you don't want to make guacamole you can just add sliced avocados, or even leave it off altogether.
You might also want to check out my other grilled recipes!
- Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken Club with Chipotle Mayo.
- Grilled French Bread Pizza
- Grilled Corn with Cilantro Lime Butter
- Grilled Skirt Steak with chimichurri
- Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeded and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- vegetable or olive oil
- 6 slices of cheese optional (I use American or white cheddar)
- 8 hamburger Buns
Roasted Garlic Mayo
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix roasted garlic and mayo together until combined. Add salt and pepper and mix. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preheat grill to a medium-high heat
- In a mixing bowl add the ground chicken and the remaining ingredients and gently mix together.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 8 patties.
- Put a little vegetable oil on a paper towel and run it over the grill (this indoor grill is great) grate to coat lightly. Grill burgers covered over direct heat for 8 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165 degrees. Right before the patties are done add a piece of cheese if desired.
- Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings. Serves 6-8
- To roast garlic place a head of garlic on a piece of foil, drizzle a teaspoon olive oil over garlic. Wrap it in the foil and bake in the oven at 400 for 40 minutes or until garlic is soft. Squeeze garlic out of the skin and place into a bowl.
- Add in mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
For the Guacamole
- Cut avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop out the center into a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Mix in cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
If you prefer ground turkey you can use that.
Store leftover garlic mayo in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To fry these burgers: add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to a hot skillet and place 3-4 patties at a time into the skillet. Cook for 7-8 minutes then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes add cheese on top. Cover with a lid and cook another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 533Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 135mgSodium 623mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 35g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.